World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Absolutely unbelievable decision. It wasn't even close to the goal line, and even bounced back up and hit the bar again ffs. :lol:

Reminded me of the Roy Carroll one the other year.

Anyone think we would have beat Ghana btw? I do.

:lol: Even when you get thrashed, you're still patronizing to others. :thup:

Why is it? ???

From what I've seen of Ghana I don't think they're anywhere near as clinical as Germany and believe we would have beaten them. What's wrong with that?

Because England have been shite all throughout the tournament, mate? Even against Slovenia they were nothing great.

At least Ghana gave Germany a good game and managed to beat the USA!

I never said I was being logical. Totally agree we've been shite, just think we'd have been able to win that match. The disgraceful performance against Algeria cost us hugely.

Of course it would of changed at 2-2 the Jormans would of that thought fucking hell we have battered them & is 2-2. Instead our lot go in 2-1 down & feel conned & never recover from the injustice.  But it is all ifs & bottom line is  we got tanked.

Absolutely unbelievable decision. It wasn't even close to the goal line, and even bounced back up and hit the bar again ffs. :lol:

Reminded me of the Roy Carroll one the other year.

I reckon it was the 2nd bounce which landed on the line. The linesman only saw that, put 2 and 2 together and got 12.

Germans are sickeningly crass in victory. The way they mention 66 is just farcical.

They really are. :lol: It's not that they purposefully rub your noses in it either.  It isn't malicious.  They are just sickeningly over confident.  Most of them never entertained the possibility that they could lose today.  Because they don't lose in the round of 16, so they won't.  This is just business as usual, that's what is so infuriating about them.  They will make the semi-finals, because they always bloody do, and that's the way it is.  So why bother with nerves?

When they started singing 'football's coming home' after beating us in '96....it didn't occur to me until meeting more Germans that they probably didn't intend that to be as irritating as it was. 

Germans are sickeningly crass in victory. The way they mention 66 is just farcical.

They really are. :lol: It's not that they purposefully rub your noses in it either.  It isn't malicious.  They are just sickeningly over confident.  Most of them never entertained the possibility that they could lose today.  Because they don't lose in the round of 16, so they won't.  This is just business as usual, that's what is so infuriating about them.  They will make the semi-finals, because they always bloody do, and that's the way it is.  So why bother with nerves?

:lol: Sounds familiar.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jesus the hounding of Capello in that press conference a over an hour after the match is disgusting.

"Are you resigning?"

"Are you resigning?"

"Have you thought about resigning?"

"Resigning, Fabio?"

Jesus. Give the guy a chance to think and speak with the FA first.

I will never understand how the Germans can be so clinical and so ruthless in front of goal.  There isn't an English player in my life time who had the level of maturity and confidence playing for the national team that Ozul is exhibiting at the age of 21.  It is incredible.  He is a kid, one year removed from the U-21 side, and he just looks like a world beater. 

Aye, the argument about England having more experience was irrelevant.  These fuckers come out of the womb with experience.

They must have a womb with a view.

:lol: That exchange is going up on my FB (sans names, only quotations).

Jesus the hounding of Capello in that press conference a over an hour after the match is disgusting.

"Are you resigning?"

"Are you resigning?"

"Have you thought about resigning?"

"Resigning, Fabio?"

Jesus. Give the guy a chance to think and speak with the FA first.

:lol: English press is crazy.

I really like Fabio, usually I'm pig sick of the England manager and I do think his selection policy has backfired on him spectacularly (I still don't understand his loyalty to certain players nor how he came to certain decisions) but I'd be willing to give him a crack at Euro 2012.

I feel the players have let him down much more than in the past.

:lol: Sounds familiar.

English overconfidence is a defence against the fear of failure.  "GET IN, we STUFFED Slovenia, f*** off back to Eastern Europe, INGURRLAND etc."  No English supporter ever goes into a match without at least entertaining the idea of humiliation and defeat.  The expectations are so unrealistically high because the frustrations and tensions build every 2-4 years.  This is why the English can be so insufferable in victory.  Every taste of glory comes as an unexpected surprise. 

German overconfidence is just pure, concentrated arrogance.  The eternal sunshine of the spotless World Cup record.  No one has ever sat them down and explained to them what failure feels like, or how to accomplish it.  No Gareth Southgates, hands of gods or Scott Norwoods keeping them awake at night.  They are outstanding.   

Guest Heneage

When they started singing 'football's coming home' after beating us in '96....it didn't occur to me until meeting more Germans that they probably didn't intend that to be as irritating as it was. 

Never before has Road To Victory felt more of an honest portrayal and a more appealing watch.

I really like Fabio, usually I'm pig sick of the England manager and I do think his selection policy has backfired on him spectacularly (I still don't understand his loyalty to certain players nor how he came to certain decisions) but I'd be willing to give him a crack at Euro 2012.

I feel the players have let him down much more than in the past.

Lots of questions to be answered though.

If he was picking players based on form alone why pick Heskey ahead of Bent?

If he was picking players based on loyalty to the players who qualified us why not pick Walcott?

Why was there no room for younger players who ended the season well like Johnson?

Why was there no plan B?

Why did we make so many like-for-like substitutions?

Why didn't we practice any different tactics in the warm-up games?

Why were Lampard and Gerrard shoehorned into the same midfield AGAIN?

Et cetera. :(