World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

I really like Fabio, usually I'm pig sick of the England manager and I do think his selection policy has backfired on him spectacularly (I still don't understand his loyalty to certain players nor how he came to certain decisions) but I'd be willing to give him a crack at Euro 2012.

I feel the players have let him down much more than in the past.

He's a very good manager, but he has to drop his stubborness and find a system that suits the players, rather than trying to force to the players to be suited to a system.

If he'll stop trying to make us Italy, and starts picking on form rather than name, then I'll give him a chance. Anything like this last two weeks and he might as well fuck off now.

I really like Fabio, usually I'm pig sick of the England manager and I do think his selection policy has backfired on him spectacularly (I still don't understand his loyalty to certain players nor how he came to certain decisions) but I'd be willing to give him a crack at Euro 2012.

Lots of questions to be answered though.

If he was picking players based on form alone why pick Heskey ahead of Bent?

If he was picking players based on loyalty to the players who qualified us why not pick Walcott?

Why was there no room for younger players who ended the season well like Johnson?

Why was there no plan B?

Why did we make so many like-for-like substitutions?

Why didn't we practice any different tactics in the warm-up games?

Why were Lampard and Gerrard shoehorned into the same midfield AGAIN?

Et cetera. :(

you're clearly missing the point, which is: why was we robbed?  again

Germans are sickeningly crass in victory. The way they mention 66 is just farcical.

They really are. :lol: It's not that they purposefully rub your noses in it either.  It isn't malicious.  They are just sickeningly over confident.  Most of them never entertained the possibility that they could lose today.  Because they don't lose in the round of 16, so they won't.  This is just business as usual, that's what is so infuriating about them.  They will make the semi-finals, because they always bloody do, and that's the way it is.  So why bother with nerves?

:lol: Sounds familiar.

English overconfidence is a defence against the fear of failure.  "GET IN, we STUFFED Slovenia, f*** off back to Eastern Europe, INGURRLAND etc."  No English supporter ever goes into a match without at least entertaining the idea of humiliation and defeat.  The expectations are so unrealistically high because the frustrations and tensions build every 2-4 years.  This is why the English can be so insufferable in victory.  Every taste of glory comes as an unexpected surprise. 

German overconfidence is just pure, concentrated arrogance.  The eternal sunshine of the spotless World Cup record.  No one has ever sat them down and explained to them what failure feels like, or how to accomplish it.  No Gareth Southgates, hands of gods or Scott Norwoods keeping them awake at night.  They are outstanding.   

It's very difficult to tell the difference from my perspective.

You just wait until we get better at this, we'll show you some fucking arrogance. Got a taste of it in the run up to the Ghana game. We're going to be assholes, man.

Guest BooBoo

I'd hoy Capello out tbh, going out in such a meek fashion after a struggle through the group is simply not good enough.

Guest firetotheworks

I might be basing a point on thin evidence here, but does Capello strike anyone as a manager who has made mistakes and then rectified them? Like I said I'm basing this on just snippets of evidence. Leaving Beckham out of the Real Madrid team, then admitting he was wrong and putting him back in. Dumping Heskey for Defoe, Using Joe Cole as the first sub etc.

He seems the type that learns in time when he has the players at his disposal. Obviously International football has a bigger restriction on the players you have, and a tournament restricts the time you have to rectify things.

Perhaps we're all just looking for logic where there is none, though.

Gerrard played out of position AGAIN.

Even despite this he still contributed to 2 of the 3 goals from our tournament. 

Barry and Lampard today were about as mobile as a dead fish, it's no wonder we was overrun time and time again.

If he was picking players based on loyalty to the players who qualified us why not pick Walcott?

Why was there no room for younger players who ended the season well like Johnson?

Why was there no plan B?

I do agree, I guess it's just borne from the frustration of these great players being so bad... again.

Rooney pisses me off the most. Lampard and Gerrard have had their moments and I can understand the differences in playing a certain way at club level, particularly for Lampard but Rooney's not been able to so much as control a fucking ball for a fortnight.

I might be basing a point on thin evidence here, but does Capello strike anyone as a manager who has made mistakes and then rectified them? Like I said I'm basing this on just snippets of evidence. Leaving Beckham out of the Real Madrid team, then admitting he was wrong and putting him back in. Dumping Heskey for Defoe, Using Joe Cole as the first sub etc.

He seems the type that learns in time when he has the players at his disposal. Obviously International football has a bigger restriction on the players you have, and a tournament restricts the time you have to rectify things.

Yes, but not during a single game. I don't think he made changes which influenced the course of a game once this tournament did he?

Gerrard played out of position AGAIN.

Even despite this he still contributed to 2 of the 3 goals from our tournament. 

Barry and Lampard today were about as mobile as a dead fish, it's no wonder we was overrun time and time again.

I think Gerrard has had a fairly good World Cup. He's going to get stick from people who enjoy making sweeping statements, just like Ashley Cole will. The truth is, IMO, those two players deserved better from the people around them.

Yes, but not during a single game. I don't think he made changes which influenced the course of a game once this tournament did he?

His substitutions have been the worst part. Shaun Wright Phillips ffs.

Guest firetotheworks

He hasn't, that was my point really.

Why the fuck didn't any of players even attempt to hack the Germans down btw? Particularly for the two goals where they hit us on the counter. Barry and/or Johnson should have accepted a booking and taken the attacker out.

He hasn't, that was my point really.

Maybe not during the game. But I thought putting on Milner to replace Lennon for the Slovenia game when all the pundits were screaming for Joe Cole was brave and a masterstroke. Same for putting on Heskey on for Defoe against Slovenia coz at that point we badly needed a target man although that wasn't really a difficult decision to make so not too much credit there.

Don't think people should look too much into the SWP today. At that point we were already down 1-4 and nothing he did would have been perceived as the right decision. 

Why the f*** didn't any of players even attempt to hack the Germans down btw? Particularly for the two goals where they hit us on the counter. Barry and/or Johnson should have accepted a booking and taken the attacker out.

I see your point but might have been a red card. Apparently this ref has given red cards in 70% of the games he refereed which is mental!

Can't have any problems accepting that result, the better team won easily. Yeah the Lampard goal would have seen us go in level but let's not kid ourselves that we played well and lost. We played shite and lost. We weren't the heroic underdogs who've played above themselves and gone out unluckily. We went out because our back 4 were a fucking shambles. I'm struggling to think of a worse performance from an English defence.

Nope, no complaints, we simply weren't good enough. No scapegoats, no death threats for the linesman, just flat out not good enough. Annoying and frustrating but true.

Why the fuck didn't any of players even attempt to hack the Germans down btw? Particularly for the two goals where they hit us on the counter. Barry and/or Johnson should have accepted a booking and taken the attacker out.

too fucking thick

Guest firetotheworks

Sky Sports blaming Upson and James.No mention of Terry whatsoever.

How anyone can blame James is baffling. He made two saves he maybe shouldn't have, and was left without protection time after time. He's one of the only players that can walk away from that tournament with any sense of professional fulfilment.

Ozil must be player of the tournament so far. What a player.

Like Suarez of Uraquay, I thought he was just lucky so far.  But in the end they are still doing it at this stage while our millionaire players look dog turd.

No way, his goal against Ghana was class and his performances against us and the Aussies have been the main factor in ripping two teams apart. He must have about 5 assists so far.

I'm praising Ozil, just saying that at first I thought he was lucky but in the end he was the real deal, ya tool.  :lol:

Why was there no plan B?

Two really good posts.  Agree with both of them.

Sky Sports blaming Upson and James.No mention of Terry whatsoever.

How anyone can blame James is baffling. He made two saves he maybe shouldn't have, and was left without protection time after time. He's one of the only players that can walk away from that tournament with any sense of professional fulfilment.

:thup:

Guest JamesyJazz

Don't know and really don't care if this point has already been made,but the whole team/squad/england /enterprise failed to perform.

The players never showed anyreal sign of l commitment,never closed the opposiition down quickly enough  and lacked the basic passing and movement skills required to compete at this world cup level.

Rooney was a complete tube.Injured?Fat?Scouse?or just plain stupid or just plannin the next fat auld granny shag,I really do not know but the guy was a totall let down.Where was the fighting spirit that he shows week in week out for Manure?He strolled about,never chased down lost balls and his first touch was,to be kind,poor.Am I alone in these opinions?Am I looking for scapegoats?I doubt it.I could rant away about the whole team if need be.I'm gutted to be honest.

Still,two years 'till the Europeans,Come on England!

Just got back, in all fairness, its decisions like these today why video technology MUST and I repeat MUST be used in football, Blatter needs to get off his fucking high-horse and implement it, in anycase besides that, the English defence was carved apart today, they tried playing offside for their first two goals and failed miserably. Their two other goals were defensive failures from my point of view, as they have been counterattacked far too easily.