World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Sky Sports blaming Upson and James.No mention of Terry whatsoever.

How anyone can blame James is baffling. He made two saves he maybe shouldn't have, and was left without protection time after time. He's one of the only players that can walk away from that tournament with any sense of professional fulfilment.

:thup:

He should have done better with the 2nd and 3rd but shouldn't have been left that exposed on both occasions tbh.

Sky Sports blaming Upson and James.No mention of Terry whatsoever.

How anyone can blame James is baffling. He made two saves he maybe shouldn't have, and was left without protection time after time. He's one of the only players that can walk away from that tournament with any sense of professional fulfilment.

:thup:

He should have done better with the 2nd and 3rd but shouldn't have been left that exposed on both occasions tbh.

Yep, plenty of people more to blame than him for both of them.

Barry was hopeless. The amount of times that Ozil drifted into space to receive the ball when Barry, the defensive midfielder, was nowhere to be seen was really countless. That's not even mentioning how shit he was in giving the ball away for the third goal then getting raped by Ozil for the fourth.

Barry was hopeless. The amount of times that Ozil drifted into space to receive the ball when Barry, the defensive midfielder, was nowhere to be seen was really countless. That's not even mentioning how shit he was in giving the ball away for the third goal then getting raped by Ozil for the fourth.

Said so many times but it's tragic for England that our classy German ringer is made of balsa wood.

You could probably list 100 things that have, in some way, contributed to England’s disastrous performance at this tournament, but the formation must be the biggest factor.

For the past six years, the major talking point regarding the England team has been an inability to get the best out of both Gerrard and Lampard. Both Lampard and Gerrard? Neither are at their best in a 4-4-2. Nor is Rooney, nor is Barry, nor is Carrick, nor is Joe Cole, nor are any of England’s small band of creative players. Even if Capello thought 4-4-2 was best before the tournament, he surely must have seen that it wasn’t working when England limped to draws against the US and Algeria, and a narrow victory over Slovenia.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/27/germany-4-1-england-tactics/

Fantastic article, it pretty much sums up all my thoughts on the match.

I hope the disallowed goal isn't used as an excuse for that performance. Absolutely awful. Apart from two ten minute spells we were played off the park. The worrying thing is Germany didn't have to play particularly well, we sat off them and let them do what they wanted when they wanted, special praise going to Barry who stood and watched Ozil for large parts of the game.

In all honesty it's been coming, this tournament has just been an absolute train wreck. The squad selection was wrong, the team selection was wrong, the players took no responsability, it's embarassing. The thing is whether we shaft Capello or not we're just not good enough, I totally agree with Brooking when he says we need change from the grass roots.

Guest elbee909

Would of been better of playing Carrick. In fact we should of played as many X-WHU players as poss.

Overload of of.

I'll never know why people have a problem with the word 'have'.

England  :lol:

I misjudged the time it would take to drive home from windemere- listened to 1st half on Radio- Waddle was saying England has great players, better than Germany but they just don't put it in for England- not for me- they just aren't great in the first place.

Guest Howaythetoon

Capello is as guilty as the players and just like them failed to do his job and failed miserably. He has to go as he's shown he's not a tournament/cup type of manager, he's more of a campaign/club type of manager.

Capello is as guilty as the players and just like them failed to do his job and failed miserably. He has to go as he's shown he's not a tournament/cup type of manager, he's more of a campaign/club type of manager.

Disagree. We're too quick to label someone a failure and move on these days. The experience he'll have gained from this and his improved knowledge of how we English respond to the pressures of tournament football will stand him in good stead to build a squad who can challenge in two years time. Why start all over? The cup manager thing is a simplistic sound byte of an answer which I don't buy in to.

Capello's a winner. If he wants to stay, I think we'd be mad to get rid of him.

Watching this game again it's quite clearly the best game of the World Cup so far. More highlights than a ton of other matches put together.

What a pisser.

yeah- I think Englands defence decided to entertain.