Other teams you're cheering for in the World Cup

QBG

I just think it's funny that GM either thinks the Argentina team were part of that military rule, or he's on the wind up, my WUM radar is shit tbh.

If you'd grown up in the 80s reading the sun and believing thatcher you'd understand, mate. But aye, I was mostly on the WUM frequency there.

FYP

Fuck off. I've never read The Sun.

uncanny then really, subliminal perhaps

Hope Argentina win it.

Some Newcastle representation in there and they're the most entertaining to watch.

Like to see Argentina do well because of Jonas and the mentalist that is Maradona.

Holland.  I backed them each way at 11/1 before the tournament.  Now down to 7/1.  They'll likely run into Brazil and Spain on their way to the final though so i've not spent the money just yet.  Shaky at the back but with Robben coming back into contention they have a matchwinner.  If you have one of those then you have a chance.

My cheering for Chilie is over. Have money riding on Brazil.

Brazil looked really good for the five minutes leading up to Elano's goal against the Ivory Coast.  For those five minutes, they looked like Brazil.  That aside I think they've looked a bit too pedestrian in their build up.  Could all change now that we're into knock-out though.

In days of yore when Austraila never qualified I always liked the Argies and the Dutchies, so I'd like to see them do well.

I'd like to see England and Ghana out as soon as possible. Ghana in particular beacuse a) they were shite in the group matches and b) it tickles me that Africa would have no further representation after all the bollocks about this time being their time...

Would like to see S Korea do well. They always get absolutely massive crowds in Seoul, their fans are amazing. And of course the women.

Brazil is one team I'd like to crash out early, not just because they're the cliched success story but because their football style is just not attractive like it used to be.

I'd like to see ourselves or the Spaniards dump out Argentina.

Uruguay, was in Montevideo the night they qualified and joined in the celebrations so it'd be rude not too and I'll support the Argies against anyone bar England and the aforementioned for Jonas and Saint Martin.

Gerrin!

Japan:

1. Amazing workrate (think I heard they ran an average of 11.5km per match vs denmark, remarkable)

2. Team over individual mentality (star player Nakamura benched)

3. Great individual skill (Honda, Endo, Nakamura etc)

4. Probably the biggest underdog left in it (45th in FIFA rankings)

5. Actually been playing really good stuff and peaking at the right time.

Whose sold?

I always support Hispanic teams in tournaments but this year I'll single out Argentina because of Messi and Maradona. I understand the animosity most English fans will have against him but if he won the WC as manager it would be f***ing mental.