Goal-line technology

James

The whole argument that they come up with for not using TV replays etc during a match as it wouldn't be passed down through all levels is a load of utter bullshit as they break that every season when a player gets picked up after a match using TV footage - they use it when it fucking suits them.

The decision today was almost laughable as it wasn't even borderline.  You saw it was over the fucking line in normal play, and the twat of a linesman did as well.  It's about time that the FA stopped lying down, getting bummed off FIFA as thier bitch an actually tried to get something done abouth this.  One or two match changing decisions in twenty four years would be bad luck - the amount that we have got in major competitions looks a lot more sinister.

When people say rugby & cricket games it is only internationals & games on tv that go to the TV judge/ref/umpire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_replay#Rugby_league

What is the link for?

To show there are two types of rugby each with a different system.

And also to disprove your international and televised claim.

I was talking about rugby (both codes) in  this country. Of course they use it differently they are different sports ffs.;;I

I said international games & games on TV. It is not a claim it is a fact.

From tofficalcal Guinness Premiership Rugby site

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/about/faq.php

TMOs are used at all of the Guinness Premiership matches broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Super League  does similar. This is why we got stuff like this last season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/leeds/8124595.stm

Now you stick to Wiki & I will stick to FACT.

You said ONLY internationals and televised games.

I typed "it is only internationals & games on tv"

Which is correct

Internationals use the system

Games on TV use the system

Both codes of Rugby

The same for cricket.

Eee if only you could be arsed to read the link I supplied before you reply
The laws of rugby union allow for "an official who uses technological devices" to be consulted by the referee in decisions relating to scoring a try or a kick at goal.[9]  The decision to call on the video referee (now called "Television Match Official (TMO)" is made by the referee, then the call is made by the replay referee, who takes his place in the stand of the host team. He either tells the pitch referee by radio link-up or by the use of a big screen during televised matches.

That would suggest video replays are used at non televised games, don't you agree?

When people say rugby & cricket games it is only internationals & games on tv that go to the TV judge/ref/umpire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_replay#Rugby_league

What is the link for?

To show there are two types of rugby each with a different system.

And also to disprove your international and televised claim.

I was talking about rugby (both codes) in  this country. Of course they use it differently they are different sports ffs.;;I

I said international games & games on TV. It is not a claim it is a fact.

From tofficalcal Guinness Premiership Rugby site

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/about/faq.php

TMOs are used at all of the Guinness Premiership matches broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Super League  does similar. This is why we got stuff like this last season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/leeds/8124595.stm

Now you stick to Wiki & I will stick to FACT.

You said ONLY internationals and televised games.

I typed "it is only internationals & games on tv"

Which is correct

Internationals use the system

Games on TV use the system

Both codes of Rugby

The same for cricket.

Eee if only you could be arsed to read the link I supplied before you reply
The laws of rugby union allow for "an official who uses technological devices" to be consulted by the referee in decisions relating to scoring a try or a kick at goal.[9]  The decision to call on the video referee (now called "Television Match Official (TMO)" is made by the referee, then the call is made by the replay referee, who takes his place in the stand of the host team. He either tells the pitch referee by radio link-up or by the use of a big screen during televised matches.

That would suggest video replays are used at non televised games, don't you agree?

You still clinging to wiki ffs :lol:

Go & read: http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/about/faq.php

The equipment used is the TV companies equipment. Clubs/GPR dont have the equipment or personell to do it for games not on TV.

I'll bet that short of the FA threatening to stop supporting FIFA (which of course would never happen), nothing is gonna change even after this incident. Of course we all fell it especially today as England fans but the truth is that this mistake has happened so many times (domestic league, CL and internationals) and every time it does Blatter just goes all Shakespeareans about culture of football or some garbage like that. Nothing is gonna change even after today. It's time we all give watching football and follow Spelling Bee or Scrabble as our national sports, at least they embrace technology! 

use the system they used in europa league.

looked okey.

Why?

We saw today that the linesman has to stay in line with the players, the ball could only just be over the line and the only way to tell would be to have someone looking directly down the goal line and not actually behind the goal. Throw in the fact that they are always complaining that their isn't enough officials in the game to go around and they are wanting to put 2 more in a game so they can stand behind a goal just incase when a simple bleep by a chip in the ball is all you need. I believe it has also been adapted to show if a player is off side or not, which would that Argetina's first goal wouldn't of counted today and that England would of been clear on goal aswell if it was indeed working today.

use the system they used in europa league.

looked okey.

Why?

We saw today that the linesman has to stay in line with the players, the ball could only just be over the line and the only way to tell would be to have someone looking directly down the goal line and not actually behind the goal. Throw in the fact that they are always complaining that their isn't enough officials in the game to go around and they are wanting to put 2 more in a game so they can stand behind a goal just incase when a simple bleep by a chip in the ball is all you need. I believe it has also been adapted to show if a player is off side or not, which would that Argetina's first goal wouldn't of counted today and that England would of been clear on goal aswell if it was indeed working today.

I agree, but i doubt goal-line technology will come first. The solution with 1 ref extra behind the goals is atleast better than what it is now, and would have given England a goal today.

however, 5ref's might be a bit messy. :D

The "same set of rules across all levels" is a bollocks excuse. I don't remember having 4 refs when I played in regional cups and the like. Heck, the rules of the game are the same, you're just changing the mechanisms to enforce them.

I agree that it could probably not be implemented in all top divisions of the UEFA system from the start which would be unelegant and maybe unfair, but at least continental and international tournaments (which ultimately are the stalwarts of the game) should have it.

As has been pointed out, even in tennis Slams Hawkeye is only used on show courts, so the across the board argument doesn't really work.

I honestly hope the World Cup Final is decided by something like this - FIFA will absolutely have to act, their hand will be forced.  Or they'll just muddle through it (like Zidane's sending off 4 years ago, which I still think came about via the 4th official seeing a TV replay, although FIFA will never have us believe that).

Not exactly goal-line technology, but video reffing related. It was a bit shocking watching the Argies first goal and they showed the offside with graphics replayed at the stadium. Imagine if the ref after seeing it, went "that wasn't a goal, restart from the keeper. My bad." how much things might have changed for the argument of said technology being implemented?

If either of the refs saw it as being offside on the screen, they should have disallowed it. If by any way he knew there and then what the RIGHT decision was he should have made that be the final ruling. Not even debatable for me.

FIFA is just one big layer of bullshit after another, the linesman and ref could easily have come up with some lie to cover themselves.

They saw it. What they're meant to show at the stadium is just a real time replay of the goal, but there was human error and the slow motion replay WITH offside graphics were shown instead, which is why the Mexicans went absolutely mental after looking like getting ready to kick-off.

Probably wont happen. He might say it one more time when the tournament ends, then come out 6 months from now and say it's not happening. At that point, all the emotion will have gone away from the big missed calls so far and no one will care as much.

Nah, he says they'll talk about it. Nothing more.

Exactly, Said it only to placate the morons who'd plague the rest of his WC. Next meeting it'll most certainly be 'thanks, but no thanks'

edit AND SOMEONE RESIZE THAT FUCKING PIC