Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Also agree that Klinsmann should replace him, speaks almost perfect English from his time here and in the States, speaks a lot of sense and seems to me like he would be a good motivator.

No doubt about that. But he did only so well with Germany because he had Löw as his assistant for the tactics. He failed badly at Bayern Munich without him - he only had some american and mexican couches alongside him.

He needs a man for the tactics behind him or he'll fail.

Also agree that Klinsmann should replace him, speaks almost perfect English from his time here and in the States, speaks a lot of sense and seems to me like he would be a good motivator.

But...if he goes to England...how could he eventually manage USA? ???

Guest Howaythetoon

No point IMO. The alternatives are either no better or similarly unproven.

Sometimes its not about being better but being different. Under Capello we will coast the qualifiers for the Euros and then perform abysmally again during the actual tournament just like we tended to do under Sven. Time for change and when I say change I mean real change, not just in manager or name but football philosophy. I say this as someone who rates Capello by the way, a great club manager and someone who would do far better with say an Italy than he has done with England.

No doubt about that. But he did only so well with Germany because he had Löw as his assistant for the tactics. He failed badly at Bayern Munich without him - he only had some american and mexican couches alongside him.

Thats where Chrissy 'Houghton' Hughton comes in.

But...if he goes to England...how could he eventually manage USA? ???

Why would he want to manage a small nation like America?

Thats where Chrissy 'Houghton' Hughton comes in.

:lol:

Forgot about him actually. If there's Hughton, no Klinsmann is needed anymore.

We should keep him for the qualifiers because he'll obviously do okay and get us there, then get a Maradonna type in before the finals.

Or Joe Kinnear. Remember, he did well for a period of time. And he (as Owen and Butt used to say) steadyed the ship, really.  :pow:

A point Shearer made is that he feels the players don't like him,he says this because of their body language.The way they've played suggests to me that he's lost the dressing room and if he were to stay then it would only get worse.

A big go from me.

I'd take Harry but doubtful the FA will with his current legal position.

No. I'm guessing his selcetions in this world cup have been forced because of injury, I.E. the lack of Joe Cole. I believe had we of had a fully fit team he would of been able to put out a team that would of played free flowing attacking football. However some of his selection have been poor and without explaination. Give the guy a chance, we are never going to get anywhere if we sack a manager at the end of every tournement because we didn't win it.

Injuries really have been a problem as well, right. Rio, J.Cole, a top fit Rooney. But for me, the biggest miss was Beckham. The endless free-kicks Lampard shot into the wall... the corners that came to nothing.

The two goals (that counted) have both been coming from crosses from the right. Shows that Beckham was missed imo.

I'm gonna say no. I disagree with the squad that was picked though as we could have used another natural winger, or at least play one on the left so we're not left limited when it counts. Also Heskey did not deserve to be there in the slightest over Darren Bent.

This world cup has been extremely painful to watch but I think he should be given the chance to manage us in the Euros and see if he can get it right. If not, then he should go.

No. I'm guessing his selcetions in this world cup have been forced because of injury, I.E. the lack of Joe Cole. I believe had we of had a fully fit team he would of been able to put out a team that would of played free flowing attacking football. However some of his selection have been poor and without explaination. Give the guy a chance, we are never going to get anywhere if we sack a manager at the end of every tournement because we didn't win it.

It isn't that,it's the piss-poor way we've played with no flexibilty to the system.He's also put square pegs in round holes selection wise,ie playing Gerrard wide left,when he left left sided midfielders at home.It's about taking King when he can only play once a fortnight with his knees.It's about having no Plan B when Plan A isn't working.It's about an England side playing with no passion.It's about allowing Terry to have press conferences where he disrespects his squad mates without properly punishing him.It's about taking SWP and giving him game-time every game.It's about persuading Carragher to return when he's clearly well past his best.It's about not dropping supposed superstars when they haven't put a foot right in 4 games.

I could go on but I can't be arsed.

No.

He's made mistakes and sent some weird subs on but he's been badly let down by his players imo. Half the squad needs replacing and if that means either Lampard, Gerrard or both of them are binned then so be it. Choose a system, get some young legs in the squad and stick by them. Let's take a leaf out of the German book and build for the next World Cup.

Just out of idle interest how could Capello punish Terry?

Drop him?  Then what if our new look central defense looked as bad as it did today?  The Fans/Press would be saying Capello cut off his nose to spite his face and got it completely wrong - too much of a disciplinarian etc. 

The rest of the points kind of agree with, especially our best midfielder out on the left. 

No point IMO. The alternatives are either no better or similarly unproven.

Sometimes its not about being better but being different. Under Capello we will coast the qualifiers for the Euros and then perform abysmally again during the actual tournament just like we tended to do under Sven. Time for change and when I say change I mean real change, not just in manager or name but football philosophy. I say this as someone who rates Capello by the way, a great club manager and someone who would do far better with say an Italy than he has done with England.

Spot on. I don't think anyone can criticise his club management record but his decisions with England can be criticised.

Regardless of the manager, big changes are needed.

No.

He's made mistakes and sent some weird subs on but he's been badly let down by his players imo. Half the squad needs replacing and if that means either Lampard, Gerrard or both of them are binned then so be it. Choose a system, get some young legs in the squad and stick by them. Let's take a leaf out of the German book and build for the next World Cup.

I think Lampard might pack in international football tbh.

No.

This. Germany could still play with the likes of Frings, Lehmann, Metzelder and so on. But Löw decided to not call them up again. Capello (or whoever) should do the same with Lampard, Gerrard, Heskey, James, Terry, Ferdi...

There should be some younger players combined with lesser expectation from the media/fans. Same like this time in Germany.

No.

I think Lampard might pack in international football tbh.

Here's hoping

Just out of idle interest how could Capello punish Terry?

Drop him?  Then what if our new look central defense looked as bad as it did today?  The Fans/Press would be saying Capello cut off his nose to spite his face and got it completely wrong - too much of a disciplinarian etc. 

The rest of the points kind of agree with, especially our best midfielder out on the left. 

Should have sent him home.Play Dawson and Upson and of course if things had gone tits up,he had a ready made scapegoat.Incidentally,I think Dawson wouldn't have defended as poorly as the 2 CB's for their first 2 goals.