The Liverpool Thread

Parky

plastic scousers are god awful, and scouse scousers are beyond awful.

but the ones from places like the wirral, crosby, southport, ormskirk and yes, as far away as chester, i've never found to be anything less than personable and knowledge. the ones with a bit of the accent (softened down a touch), got themselves out of the city and moved on to nicer pastures close by. gets them a bit of perspective to look back on the city and clubs with so to not get caught up in all the delusion, hysteria, paranoia and sentimentality. applies to reds and blues alike in my experience.

for instance my everton supporting mate's dad was from the wirral, had the nice version of a scouse accent and was an incredibly genuine guy. his son was super intelligent and decent through and through as well.

on the other hand my other everton mate  (ex-friend now obviously) comes from inner liverpool, would walk down edgeware road loudly complaining about 'f***ing arab scum' and then told me on his everton lad's holiday to greece that they all chanted 'aint no black in the union jack' for the entire flight. rest of the passengers (john lennon airport remember) didnt seem too fussed apparently.

liverpool fans ONLINE seem to be the worst of all. know some on other forums that aren't related to football and they're all total gobshites there too with all the RAWK stereotypes coming to the fore a few times a season.

after years of having nothing but bother from scousers whenever i went there (both blue and red),particularly in the way of being lovely till they have you outnumbered, then I slept in, got a later train (in the days before mob phones), tried all the usual pubs couldn't find my mates so shared a taxi to anfiled with 2 liverpool fans and were drinking shorts in the pub outside till 20past.....warrington lads. only decent experinece i've had of  liverpool/everton fans on a match day and thats in a bout 10 visits.

My opinion is that the majority, but not all, are irritating in their blinkered views and come across as moaning swines. Can't say much about going to either stadium as I haven't been for about twenty years (they were right cnuts then mind!).

They played well yesterday apart from the opening 10 mins and the backpass... I thought Man City were going to kill them at the start, but either Liverpool played better than I thought or MC ran out of steam very quickly. Balotelli was laughable yesterday, glad we got rid of the wannkers like him a while ago...

Its the 'never walk alone' bollocks that I hate the most. Like some sort of crusaders in the war against evil football. They might as well be calling the rest of the footballing world infidels.

People like Suarez and Dalglish who they see as gods, bloody horrible people.

Guest neesy111

Saw someone on the quayside before our game on saturday with a full chelsea kit on, looked to be in his thirties as well.  Twat.

It's also a Giggs from earlier in the thread... So I'll ask the same question... Does 4 down not remind you of someone...

Jason Manford.

Think more along the lines of our favourite uncle from Sunderland...

Guest neesy111

Saw someone on the quayside before our game on saturday with a full chelsea kit on, looked to be in his thirties as well.  t***.

NO. seriously ??!?!?!?  :lol:

???

It is a bit unique to this forum, the Liverpool hatred.  Seems second only to the mackems here. Im not sure if many Newcastle fans are arsed about Liverpool.

I hate Chelsea/Spurs waaay more than Liverpool. Obviously the Southern/Irish/Norwegian liverpool fans are nackers. Ive always found scouse fans to be sound and similar to geordies in many respects. Liverpool is a top night out.

Thatcherite, £note waving, "facking northern mankey" spivs who support Chelsea or Spurs boil my p*ss. Probably dislike Man U more too.

If it is strongly linked to this forum among Newcastle forums (fora?) then I wonder if age is a factor. I think there are a fair few on here who grew up, like me, in the age of Liverpool dominance (and, not entirely coincidentally, the backpass). I hated (and still hate) Liverpool because they were the glory-hunters' club of choice when I was a kid. Not fussed about Man U, because at least they stopped Liverpool and Arsenal from winning everything (well we certainly weren't going to).

Either way, I've never really had anything against fans of one particular club because we've all got our fair share of twats. I just hate certain clubs, because I am a footy supporter and thus a bit of a child. I've certainly met an awful lot of self-righteous Liverpool fans (plastic ones too), but, clearly wacko is ace.