The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Yeah that's what's funny about it.

I think it has more to do with the American owners. The Red Socks are a huge team in America (especially with people who don't watch baseball) and I think some of their coverage is bleeding over onto Liverpool.

If it makes you brits feel any better, nobody gives a flying fuck about Manchester City over here.

And you should have heard the clusterfuck of American sports pundits trying to explain a points-league victory after last season's dramatic finish. They literally could not wrap their heads around the idea of a league without playoffs.

The whole "Sox" thing started in Chicago.

The Chicago White Stockings were one of the original clubs that formed the American League (of baseball) in 1901.

In order to maximize column space in newspapers, local editors decided to shorten the name "White Stockings" to "White Sox".  And so the Chicago club's lasting nickname was born.

Meanwhile, in Boston, the local American League baseball club was first known as the "Bostonians", "Americans" and "Pilgrims", before they settled on "Red Sox" around 1908.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand: Liverpool LOL!  :laugh:

What are these Americans getting out of following Liverpool???

Very few teams get any level of coverage in America. Liverpool is one of those teams, the other one is Man United.

I just think if you're going to be a glory hunter you may aswell do it properly.

http://i.imgur.com/Pn4HG.gif

Think They'd sell Enrique for £4m or even less in the winter window, might be worth it if we cannot bring in a RB.

Nah, Krul will be fit again before January, and can't see Enrique wanting to come as back-up.

I will keep private the discussions Stewart and I have had but he is under no illusion that he has to fight

'I will keep them private, i'll just tell a national newspaper'

What is this clown doing?

edit:

‘We have got 99 points to play for,’ said the manager. ‘I believe that 70-plus points will allow you to arrive in the top four. So that gives us 68 points that we need over the remaining games. We can maybe have 10-odd games with problems. That maybe the next three games, you know?

So just a minimum points per game only beaten by Man Utd and Man City last season and then not by much.  Jesus, and we're the deluded ones?

I will keep private the discussions Stewart and I have had but he is under no illusion that he has to fight

'I will keep them private, i'll just tell a national newspaper'

What is this clown doing?

continuing the destruction of Liverpool. They are dying as a club

Still talking about CL ffs! :lol:

I think the progaganda is actually part of the job description, much like Pardew to a certain extent (but he tends to dampen expectations). Dalglish was the same and it's the reason he couldn't do anything about Suarez, when you talk your club up to a ridiculous level above where you actually are you simply can't do without your best player.