The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The Sun:

Luis Suarez claims that hearing the Liverpool fans sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' makes him want to stay at Anfield for years to come.
:anguish:

The Mirror:

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has raised doubts about his future at Anfield, saying: "We will see at the end of the season what Liverpool's position is - we're not the Liverpool of old."

:yao:

Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit

That accent  :suicide:

Guest neesy111

Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit, Please don't become a pundit

That accent  :suicide:

He already is a pundit going from last summer.

:anguish:

'LFC transfer talk' on Fb.

LFC Transfer Talk : *list of games where refereeing decisions, they're thrown away leads, etc*

'Now lads, there's 9 points, that's proof enough we're good enough but we just need to cope with the pressure of being in the lead and also having a bit more luck with the reffing decisions'

Person 1 : 'excuses'

Person 2 : 'I guess all teams could have made a list like that'

LFC Transfer Talk : 'not excuses, just giving reasons why we're good enough to compete with the teams above us, even though we haven't beat any of them'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about clutching at straws like  :lol:

Don't RAWK have an alternate 'adjusted premier league table' or something?

EDIT: Here we go

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa4476edcb1b7d08235cdcb92bab83a9&topic=278916.0

???

EDIT2: Here's this year's

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=296309.0

Struggling to see the point of it, it seems it was dremt up as a way to give weighting to Liverpool's previous habit of only performing against top teams in order to artificially inflate their progress.  Of course now they can't beat any teams above them, they might have to invent a new model.  I may be making unfair assumptions actually, as I can't pretend to understand its methodology or purpose.

As far as I can tell (it's not very clear), he's trying to "normalise" the season, so you can tell at a glance how well each team is performing without having to factor in the relative difficulty of each side's fixture list so far. Then he's comparing it to where he estimates a team would have to be to a) win the league or b) qualify for the CL.

It looks to me like the choice of which are the "big games" is flawed (i.e. they were chosen at the start of the season, not based on current form/league position at the time of the match), but I don't think it's inherently biased towards LFC in any way. That is to say,  all the weightings will even out for all the teams over the season, and he's still looking at points, not who won the passing or some such bollocks.

In what way?

Other than The Battle for 7th thread being explained a lot more clearly, they look pretty damn similar in terms of the underlying concept: an alternative reading of performance that considers the strength of opposition in addition to just points.

Plus ours was the battle for 7th, we finished 5th. That one appears to be based on what Liverpool need to do to win the league title...

:lol: Have you read the thread?

Just this part of the introduction:

For those of you who are new to the APLT, or those who need a reminder of the model, the APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points of the season.  This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven ‘easiest’ away matches (the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season) and draw the 12 remaining away matches.  I refer to these as the ‘par results’.  As in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.

Stopped there tbf. :lol:

Plus ours was the battle for 7th, we finished 5th. That one appears to be based on what Liverpool need to do to win the league title...

:lol: Have you read the thread?

Just this part of the introduction:

For those of you who are new to the APLT, or those who need a reminder of the model, the APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points of the season.  This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven ‘easiest’ away matches (the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season) and draw the 12 remaining away matches.  I refer to these as the ‘par results’.  As in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.

Stopped there tbf. :lol:

Understandable, I suppose, but the LFC/1st place implication was more yours than the author's/posters'. There's no talk in the thread of better than 4th, and that in conjunction with "extremely unlikely" or "mathematically possible".

It would have been more realistic to leave out ManU, Citeh and Chelsea in favour in NUFC + ?, but it's Liverpool, so you can't leave out ManU. The shits.

Plus ours was the battle for 7th, we finished 5th. That one appears to be based on Liverpool need to do to win the league title...

I might start a battle for the Champions League stats based thread.

:lol:  :D

Guest optimistic nit

Plus ours was the battle for 7th, we finished 5th. That one appears to be based on Liverpool need to do to win the league title...

I might start a battle for the Champions League stats based thread.

We've won 100% of our home and away matches since we signed Sissoko, as well as 100% of our matches against shitty nothing clubs and 100% of our matches against megarich cuntish clubs. Keep that up and Spurs need 24 points from 39, and they drew against QPR recently.