The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The Arsenal fans I've spoken to don't want to sign him.

Same here, very good player but more hassle than he is worth. When was the last season he wasn't banned for a prolonged period? Plus the next one (which is pretty much inevitable) is only going to be longer than the last. For over £40m it really isn't worth it iyam.

Also I really couldn't look at that face without wanting to put a brick through it, he could score 50 goals for us in a season and I will still feel uncontrollable anger looking at his stupid face!

Guest palnese

I'd love to see him playing for Arsenal at Klanfield, scoring a hat-trick, diving and successfully getting a few Liverpool players sent off.

There are some players (e.g Bellamy) who are cunts but it's enjoyable to have them play for you. I don't think Suarez falls into this category, he's just a total cock.

Bit hypocritical to berate Suarez but praise Mustang Sally who casually beats his own team mates with golf clubs.

6 wins out of 6... Playing style looking good... Will be an interesting season for them this season with or without Suarez...

Didn't impress me at all playing Vålerenga tbh. Should've ran them over, yet Vålerenga were a bit unlucky to get the scoreline it ended with even though they were shit.

6 wins out of 6... Playing style looking good... Will be an interesting season for them this season with or without Suarez...

I'm not being funny but over half of these teams were part timers in Asia and the other two were Olympiakos and Valerenga.

If they don't beat them then its not very good for them tbh.

The Arsenal fans I've spoken to don't want to sign him.

The old Arsenal fan at my work hasn't said he's averse to it but he's surprised on the basis that "Wenger never usually signs trouble, and he's trouble".

I'd be massively averse to us signing him, he's probably the biggest cunt in football. Sometimes you have to draw the line and the way he tries to con the referee from the first minute to the last is a fucking disgrace.

I wouldn't have him here. I could get over him being a cheat as it would be doing us favours, I could possibly get over him being a cannibal, after all vegetarians are much worse, but I could never support a racist, it was bad enough having bowyer here, it felt dirty and a huge relief when he left, but we all saw his reactions to Evra, I couldn't look another fan in the face and say Suarez is our player and I support him and whatever he does.

It's dirty, and all those Liverpool supporters who did, who brushed it off, especially the likes of former players like Barnes coming out in support after everything he went through well all those cunts deserve what is happening right now, they deserve the impending transfer request and they deserve to lose the only player that could get them in to the CL for the next couple of seasons. It's fucking karma, it's not often that bunch of self centred band of rotten cunts get what's coming to them, but this time it feels like JUSTICE is served.

Luis Suarez: Brendan Rodgers tells Liverpool striker to train alone

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been told to train alone by manager Brendan Rodgers, who says the player has shown "total disrespect" for the club.

Rodgers also rejected the Uruguay international's claim he was promised a transfer this summer if Liverpool did not qualify for the Champions League.

Suarez, 26, plans to submit a transfer request this week if a move is blocked.

"There were no promises made - categorically none - and no promises broken," insisted Rodgers.

Suarez in numbers

"The club and his representatives had several conversations and he knew exactly where he was at.

"There has been total disrespect of the club - a club that has given him everything.

"Obviously the remarks I've read are bitterly disappointing - but my job is bigger than that."

Sources close to the Anfield club insist the decision to make Suarez train away from the first team was made before his outspoken interview, which broke on Tuesday, and is down to the player's lacklustre performances in recent friendly matches.

Rodgers added: "I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely. I think Luis knows the support he's had at the football club and that's something that's been unswerving throughout the whole of last season.

"My job is to fight and protect the club. The conversations I've had with him he knows I've had, and they will remain private."

Arsenal have had two bids rejected by the Reds, the latest of which was a pound over £40m and designed to trigger a release clause in Suarez's contract.

However, Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor explained there is no clause in the player's deal that means Liverpool have to sell him if a club offers more than £40m.

"If there is a minimum offer of £40m then the parties will discuss things but it does not say the club has to sell," said Taylor.

"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions, but I can't say it is a cast-iron buy-out clause."

Play media

Suarez is prepared to take the issue to the Premier League to force his exit but Liverpool insist they do not have to sell and Rodgers says Arsenal's offer remains well short of his club's valuation.

The forward took legal action against former club Groningen in 2006 when a bid from Ajax was rejected. He went to arbitration and lost - but was still sold as the Amsterdam side increased their offer.

Taylor will contact both the player and Liverpool in an attempt to help mediate on the matter, with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger "on standby" to do a deal.

"I just feel, like in any other transfer, it is better for both parties to get around the table to try to resolve it," Taylor added.

"At the moment it is certainly festering and I don't think it is a good situation for the player or the clubs involved."