The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like a fairly open-and-shut case from what I've read.

RAWK has added "Luis Suarez is not a racist" to everybody's custom title  :hmm:

Holy f***ing hell.

It's only since I started to browse RAWK that my hatred of Liverpool sky rocketed.  It's like a brain washing cult.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6060/kydf.jpg

tbh

I'm more amazed you found a picture of miserable cnut smiling.

anyone else find it slightly hypocritical for Evra to claim verbal racism and be so hurt and offended by it, yet he wares Nike boots (I presume for which he is sponsored to do so), a company with numerous associations with human rights violations in regards to forced/child labour in Asia.

:mackems:

:lol:

In the 48 hours after Evra’s complaint, any efforts to resolve the situation privately — PFA chairman Gordon Taylor has admitted he wanted to bring all sides together on the weekend the incident took place — was rejected by Liverpool, who by then were seeking a charge against Evra for a false allegation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8987529/Liverpool-under-mounting-pressure-to-abandon-plans-to-appeal-against-Luis-Suarezs-eight-match-ban.html

Unbelievable.

In the 48 hours after Evra’s complaint, any efforts to resolve the situation privately — PFA chairman Gordon Taylor has admitted he wanted to bring all sides together on the weekend the incident took place — was rejected by Liverpool, who by then were seeking a charge against Evra for a false allegation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8987529/Liverpool-under-mounting-pressure-to-abandon-plans-to-appeal-against-Luis-Suarezs-eight-match-ban.html :idiot2:

Unbelievable.

Liverpool’s fanciful suggestion that Evra might have had made the abuse charges up because, among other reasons, he was seeking vengeance having been fouled during the game and was also upset at losing the toss before kick-off in a game in which he was United’s captain was dismissed out of hand.

Holy hell.

didn't we see a slightly less rabid version of 'defend our own whatever' over andy carroll  and joey barton ?

Yes and I agree with you but I don't remember us ever defending either of them over a 100+ page FA document which proved their guilt.

didn't we see a slightly less rabid version of 'defend our own whatever' over andy carroll  and joey barton ?

Yes and I agree with you but I don't remember us ever defending either of them over a 100+ page FA document which proved their guilt.

some found ways to defend joey bartons continued employment after he was convicted.

some found ways to defend joey bartons continued employment after he was convicted.

Well I'm pretty sure I wanted his contract terminated after that but its a long time ago so I can't say. However, Nile Ranger is a good example I believe and I've been saying we need to get rid for awhile now.

Well I'm pretty sure I wanted his contract terminated after that but its a long time ago so I can't say. However, Nile Ranger is a good example I believe and I've been saying we need to get rid for awhile now.

agreed.

You're confusing times you've struck poses over in the past with comparable incidents. One's about observing an entire community engaging in deceit and delusion in the face of overwhelming evidence, while gaily going around calling all manner of people liars and conmen, while the others were essentially about opinions over appropriate internal disciplinary action for events that had definitely taken place (in Barton's case at least). Personally, I reserve the right not to destroy someone for raising a fist, I frankly don't see it as that bad a thing in itself before looking at the wider situation, and resent the suggestion it's something to do with my personal interests. Incidentally, the same goes for Suarez, although I waive that right :aww:

Edit: Closest thing in our history was after we signed Lee Bowyer. A good load never got behind him, and even fewer were heartfelt, but still, that was a bit ugly...

Tbf ranger is a shit example, as he's not an integral part of the first team, so we'd readily ditch him as he's not worth the hassle. Barton always had the ability there to make a difference, The fact he barely used it the first couple of years is another matter. But I still dont remember a massive uproar at him getting punished. More a case of well it he's not going to be sacked, we might as well support him when he's playing for us, rather than any kind of concerted effort to prove any innocence when clearly guilty.

I could be talking bollocks as ever though. :dontknow:

Tbf ranger is a s*** example, as he's not an integral part of the first team, so we'd readily ditch him as he's not worth the hassle. Barton always had the ability there to make a difference, The fact he barely used it the first couple of years is another matter. But I still dont remember a massive uproar at him getting punished. More a case of well it he's not going to be sacked, we might as well support him when he's playing for us, rather than any kind of concerted effort to prove any innocence when clearly guilty.

Had I even created you when barton was putting us through that ? ;D

Tbf ranger is a s*** example, as he's not an integral part of the first team, so we'd readily ditch him as he's not worth the hassle. Barton always had the ability there to make a difference, The fact he barely used it the first couple of years is another matter. But I still dont remember a massive uproar at him getting punished. More a case of well it he's not going to be sacked, we might as well support him when he's playing for us, rather than any kind of concerted effort to prove any innocence when clearly guilty.

Well there are (or there were) loads on here that were hailing Ranger as the second coming for ages.

Just had a look at the Suarez report.

If he referred to the player's race in the course of an argument, he's guilty. Those are the standards that operate here.

I just think he was operating with a Blatter-esque mentality, in which the victim would try to sort it out on the field, and wouldn't launch a complaint.

Phil Thompson's a dick like. Not saying that Liverpool are out of the title race.

McAnally spot on with what he's saying now, and you can tell that he's pissed off with what Thompson is about.

Now Tony Cottee piping up saying if they beat Man City they are only 8 points behind and are right back in it.

Fuck's sake.

Phil Thompson's a dick like. Not saying that Liverpool are out of the title race.

McAnally spot on with what he's saying now, and you can tell that he's pissed off with what Thompson is about.

Now Tony Cottee piping up saying if they beat Man City they are only 8 points behind and are right back in it.

Fuck's sake.

If we'd beat them the other night, would they be asking if we were in the title race? Exactly.

William Roache @Bill_Roache 4h  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open

@kennethdalglish Saddened by your role in the Suarez affair Ken. Consider yourself blackballed from the Bill Roache Golf Invitational 2012.

:mike: :mike: :mike: