The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Basically my argument. People on facebook telling me to respect the dead. I am... I just don't see why we have to do it every year when so many other disasters happened.

:thup: I fully respect the dead. It's the scumbag Liverpool fans who currently live that I have not an ounce of respect for.

My mate couldn't seem to understand the middling argument that what happened was devastating and has every right to be- and needs to be - remembered. But not in the way the scumbags do it now. Should've heard the way he stuttered when I mentioned the £1000 Davies donation being rejected. Sickening.

The thought that anyone is disgracing the memories of the dead with comments like Davie's and Wormy just there is nothing short of ridiculous.

It's pathetic. And it's become a weapon, which is more of a disgrace than anything an opposition fan or player could ever do to the Hillsborough disaster.

Basically my argument. People on facebook telling me to respect the dead. I am... I just don't see why we have to do it every year when so many other disasters happened.

I think it worthy of particular respect because it was something which could have happened - almost did happen - to us and other fans in the 80s.

Amazing how much you miss when you're in the US (and you're hiding from football, taking refuge in baseball etc). Thanks again to those who posted what Alan Davies actually said. FWIW I agree with him, but the problem is that grief will affect different people in different ways. Some people cope by getting on with things, some by taking that day to reflect. If Liverpool are in close contact with the families and they have requested that Liverpool do not play on that day, then I have some sympathy with Liverpool. In those circumstances, what are they supposed to do? I'm guessing that the families of those who died at Ibrox, or in Munich, have not made such a request. I would presume that Man U, for one, are in close contact with those affected.

Liverpool's cause is not helped by the twats surrounding them - the humbug. Blogs like this (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Alan-Davies-latest-word-on-Hillsborough-is-self-serving-insulting-condescending-and-contemptible-article891477.html), where the author pours scorn on Alan Davies' protests about the abuse he has received. He got death threats and people offering to piss on his mum's grave ffs. I thought his original comments were perfectly understandable and reasonable, and if Liverpool would just come out and say that the families had requested this, they had asked the FA/Premier League and they had agreed to it, then we could have that discussion.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Isn't it about time clubs had an alternative kit with an arm band in the design?

Too funny.  Hope its a self-parody.

Alternative kit? Bitch please, it would be Liverpools home kit.

:lol:

Amazing how much you miss when you're in the US (and you're hiding from football, taking refuge in baseball etc). Thanks again to those who posted what Alan Davies actually said. FWIW I agree with him, but the problem is that grief will affect different people in different ways. Some people cope by getting on with things, some by taking that day to reflect. If Liverpool are in close contact with the families and they have requested that Liverpool do not play on that day, then I have some sympathy with Liverpool. In those circumstances, what are they supposed to do? I'm guessing that the families of those who died at Ibrox, or in Munich, have not made such a request. I would presume that Man U, for one, are in close contact with those affected.

Liverpool's cause is not helped by the twats surrounding them - the humbug. Blogs like this (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Alan-Davies-latest-word-on-Hillsborough-is-self-serving-insulting-condescending-and-contemptible-article891477.html), where the author pours scorn on Alan Davies' protests about the abuse he has received. He got death threats and people offering to p*ss on his mum's grave ffs. I thought his original comments were perfectly understandable and reasonable, and if Liverpool would just come out and say that the families had requested this, they had asked the FA/Premier League and they had agreed to it, then we could have that discussion.

Look at me, look at , ah fuck it, i can't be bothered.

Guest Phil K

In a facebook war for having a go about the hillsborough minutes silence. Plastic liverpool fans come crawling out... 

My Arsenal mate might as well be one. As soon as it comes to football, anything sentimental has to be defended to the hilt. I made a passing comment yesterday as to why it has to be a memorial every year, and how they milk it for all it's worth.

Him: You're such a c***, man.

Me: Why? Does Heysel ever get a mention? How often does Man U drag up Munich? Liverpool and their fans are grief addicts (stolen from here :smug:) that always have to have the sympathy vote. Alan Davies was right.

Him: What? How can you say that?

Me: So he wasn't telling the truth?

Him: But you don't say that when you're in the public eye.

Me: Why? To pander to disgusting Liverpool fans who, whilst offended that you're 'disgracing' the dead follow it up with multiple death threats to you? The club, the fans are scum, and unfortunately they've taken the matter past commemorating a truly devastating event. It's about Hillsbrough? Why did the self-righteous c***s not take Davies' offer of £1000 donation to the fund?

Him: You just don't say it...

Sweet. Great argument, mate.

/Rant. It just really p*ssed me off. Especially as this mate is starting to annoy me more and more when it comes to football. Was actually going to post 'my mate' in the football pet hates today as I started remembering some of his tidbits from yesterday.

Thats nicely put. I'm going to steal some of it    ;) :cheesy: