The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I genuinely expect them to come sniffing around half of our players this summer.

Only for our players to be all :yao:

If anything Pardew needs to be using it to motivate the players, "Work hard or i'll send you to Liverpool, look at Jose and Andy! Is that what you want? Cos that's what'll happen."  :lol:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292500.520

Just reading the general results forum on there, absolute horror when it was suggested Pardew is a better manager than Dalgish  :lol:

Their Carling Cup achievement outweighs our success apparently.

Still find it hilarious that earlier in the season they were willing us to beat sides, due to their massively patronising perception that we would clearly drop away as our players were nowhere near as good as theirs.

They seems happy enough for us to get into the Champions League as they think it will ensure their CL qualification next season.  They think Spurs and Chelsea would be weakened with no CL football and we have no chance of getting anywhere near next season!!

I genuinely expect them to come sniffing around half of our players this summer.

If anything Pardew needs to be using it to motivate the players, "Work hard or i'll send you to Liverpool, look at Jose and Andy! Is that what you want? Cos that's what'll happen."  :lol:

:lol:

Carroll atleast has the excuse that it was the money for him that afforded much of our current side, so he wouldnt have been involved in it anyway.

For Enrique its just been an utter disaster  :lol: Supposedly leaves to improve his profile, get noticed & in the national side, Champions league football. Even explains how we'll never challenge the top 6 again with our current policy on leaving. Ends up playing in goal against us while we challenge for the top 4, pure magic.  :lol:

Guest Phil K

Agree. Loaded down with cash from God knows where. But maybe not so successful THIS time.

:lol:

http://pull.imgfave.netdna-cdn.com/image_cache/1290582270220576.jpeg

NO, don't send me to Liverpool, not Liverpool. AHHHHH!

Just reading the general results forum on there, absolute horror when it was suggested Pardew is a better manager than Dalgish  :lol:

Still find it hilarious that earlier in the season they were willing us to beat sides, due to their massively patronising perception that we would clearly drop away as our players were nowhere near as good as theirs.

They seems happy enough for us to get into the Champions League as they think it will ensure their CL qualification next season.  They think Spurs and Chelsea would be weakened with no CL football and we have no chance of getting anywhere near next season!

In fairness, if we do get CL football this season the chances of us getting it again next year with CL qualifying + group games to contend with would be incredibly difficult. Still, this is just an amazing time to be a NUFC fan

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Carroll atleast has the excuse that it was the money for him that afforded much of our current side, so he wouldnt have been involved in it anyway.

For Enrique its just been an utter disaster  :lol: Supposedly leaves to improve his profile, get noticed & in the national side, Champions league football. Even explains how we'll never challenge the top 6 again with our current policy on leaving. Ends up playing in goal against us while we challenge for the top 4, pure magic.  :lol:

Storyline of the season.

Storyline of the season.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but the Carling Cup medal!

Oh, and I firmly believe that even finishing 4th won't elevate us above Liverpool in terms of pull. Not yet.

Tin hat on.

Maybe if this season is repeated next, but until then I still think they could take our players with the right money and wages offered. :dontknow:

Oh, and I firmly believe that even finishing 4th won't elevate us above Liverpool in terms of pull. Not yet.

Tin hat on.

Maybe if this season is repeated next, but until then I still think they could take our players with the right money and wages offered. :dontknow:

The biggest problem imo is even if we finished above Liverpool for the next 3 seasons if they offered silly fees and wages we would sell and the players would go.

I like the point about Spurs one of them makes mind. No Champions League, and the likes of Bale, Modric & van der Vaart will be off.

Tin hat on.

I think we're close, and for me it rests purely on CL qualification.

If we did make it, I'd be stunned if any of our players used the excuse of the prestige of playing for the bigger club and the opportunity to win something if they moved there. Just can't see it.

Beyond that though, sure, even the shittest of clubs are welcome to our players if they offered enough money and wages. O0

Missing the CL would be devastating for either Arsenal or Spurs. Chelsea not so much, they'll just buy their way back in.

I think it will be a real problem for Chelsea too because of FFP.  I read somewhere that they lost something like £68m last year and that was with £45m CL money.  Also, they desperately need to buy a load of new players this Summer as well and they still have to appoint a new manager.  Without CL, that may be more difficult and if they just throw even more money at it then it causes even more problems with FFP (unless they find a loophole).