The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The skanky orange middle-aged bint, caked in make-up and teetering on high heels I can understand.  There is a straightforward link between herself and the club/area.  But, I can't see the reasoning behind the second mascot.  A red coked-up dinosaur?  I don't get it - well at least not the dinosaur part...

The skanky orange middle-aged bint, caked in make-up and teetering on high heels I can understand.  There is a straightforward link between herself and the club/area.  But, I can't see the reasoning behind the second mascot.  A red coked-up dinosaur?  I don't get it - well at least not the dinosaur part...

Its alice cooper man!

AC want Carroll on loan

AC MILAN are considering a loan move for Liverpool’s Andy Carroll.

The England striker was discussed as the clubs talked over Alberto Aquilani’s return to Anfield after his year at the San Siro.

Last Wednesday SunSport revealed that Pier Silvio Berlusconi — the son of ex-Italian PM Silvio, who is the Rossoneri’s billionaire president — had been impressed with Carroll, 23, during Euro 2012.

He said: “This is a new era for Milan.

“We will continue to get younger while maintaining the culture.

“Milan still has its superstars but I’d like to have Carroll at Milan. I was impressed with his strength and his headed goal against Sweden.”

Reports in Italy say Berlusconi is ‘seriously considering’ taking his son’s advice, especially as Carroll might not feature highly in new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers’ plans for this season.

But one story carried on the website of a TV channel owned by media tycoon Berlusconi Jnr hinted that Carroll’s £35million price-tag would make a permanent move unlikely at this stage.

Italy’s economic crisis is high in the elder Berlusconi’s mind so any deal would initially be a loan. A permanent move could only happen if Milan off-load 28-year-old Brazilian Robinho.

AC Milan have lost a host of big names this summer with Filippo Inzaghi, 38, Clarence Seedorf, 36, Mark van Bommel, 35, and 34-year-old Gennaro Gattuso all leaving on free transfers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4418059/AC-Milan-want-Andy-Carroll-on-loan.html

Guest BooBoo

I don't think it's that mad a story tbh. Milan are a great club but not the superpower they once were.

It's a nonsense of a story, his son has nothing to do with Milan and made these throwaway comments a week ago that he liked Carroll and Iniesta.

There are a lot of papers running with it, including the guardian and independent which are little less of a rag as the sun and the metro.

Milan have certainly declined in Europe of late, age and lack of pace is much more prominent, though they still had enough to get past Arsenal last season, but they certainly don't look great. Inter are worse but their decline has been steeper, finances are in a state.

Think Juventus play a better game though and Udinese and Napoli are still rising stars I think. (may have misremembered who got into champions league however)

The guardian are running it in their roundup of rumours though, it's basically all the crap stories in one place, one is sometimes true.

It's a nonsense of a story, his son has nothing to do with Milan and made these throwaway comments a week ago that he liked Carroll and Iniesta.

There are a lot of papers running with it, including the guardian and independent which are little less of a rag as the sun and the metro.

They're all the same these days man.

I'd like to see it happen mind.