The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest Phil K

But what will this prove ?

If they were to have a float at an anti-racism rally, you could understand that.

But at a gay rally ? Where are the pluses ? Recruitment of new supporters amongst the gay community ?

Hardly. As the gay community themselves would probably say, you are what you are.

Sorry, but the imagery of this is just too amusing for words.

If they were to have a float at an anti-racism rally, you could understand that.

But at a gay rally ? Where are the pluses ? Recruitment of new supporters amongst the gay community ?

Hardly. As the gay community themselves would probably say, you are what you are.

Presumably to counteract this kind of culture

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/10/can-gay-footballers-come-out

Football clubs have been deliberately seeking marketing advice on how to give their club a 'straight' image in the past and while we can have black and asian footballers, no gay footballers in any professional leagues have felt able to be honest about it.  If clubs dare to do things like this and are at least slightly active in gay communities, it might change how fans think about the issue to a degree.

Would be pleased if Newcastle did the same.

No, I think it's a good thing. Have to question whether sending the women's team is "challenging LGBT stereotypes", mind.

What's it meant to prove? Why would they be doing it to recruit new supporters?

It's a great move and a bold one. About time somebody stood up to homophobia in football, good on them.

Guest Roger Kint

Who did nothing of note at Roma last season.

That's not true, he was good for Roma last season. Played his way into the Italy squad.

Just seems like a convenient rumour based off them spending a year together at Swansea. I don't see Liverpool spending big on him, and I don't see Roma selling cheap.

edit: didn't even spend a year. Spent like 3-4 months.

So let me get this straight, we buy the remaining 50% of a player to own him outright just to sell him less then a month later? :yao:

If he signs for the bin dippers this summer I'll wash my face with my own jizz

On Merseyside now, i nominate wormy or hanz to watch this video :lol:

Guest Archie

If we want a traditional centre forward I'd still take Ba over Carroll for that role, less trouble and mentally stronger, and a better footballer. Can't see the need for 2 of that type, I want a striker who can play in a front 3 now.

Ba is 3 times the player Carroll is and ever will be. People may laugh but Best is better than Carroll and as a footballer, so is Shola.

Sour grapesque  :crazy2:

That's not true, he was good for Roma last season. Played his way into the Italy squad.

Just seems like a convenient rumour based off them spending a year together at Swansea. I don't see Liverpool spending big on him, and I don't see Roma selling cheap.

So let me get this straight, we buy the remaining 50% of a player to own him outright just to sell him less then a month later? :yao:

On Merseyside now, i nominate wormy or hanz to watch this video :lol:

:( I must be slipping.

If we want a traditional centre forward I'd still take Ba over Carroll for that role, less trouble and mentally stronger, and a better footballer. Can't see the need for 2 of that type, I want a striker who can play in a front 3 now.

Ba is 3 times the player Carroll is and ever will be. People may laugh but Best is better than Carroll and as a footballer, so is Shola.

Eh?

From the F365 forum

Carroll and Downing = £55 million

Krul, Debuchy, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Coloccini, Gutierrez and Santon = £50 million

:iamatwat:

That £50 million actually seems a little high on our part

From the F365 forum

Krul, Debuchy, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Ba, Cisse, Coloccini, Gutierrez and Santon = £50 million

That £50 million actually seems a little high on our part

Yeah it's around 42-45m if the various fee's that are undisclosed are correct.

From the F365 forum

:( That's so depressing. Absolutely exceptional bit of business on your part.

Guest Archie

Eh?

Ba 3x the player Carroll is, and best and shola also better than him? Absolute drivel.

Big Andy polarize opinion, but he is still a very good forward. Unfortunately Liverpool fail to capitalize on his strengths with Stewart Downing the 0 goal/0 assist winger, also he has looked a bit lost for them this season.

Give Carroll two good wingers and proper service and he will be a consistent 15-20 goals a year forward.

I'm pretty sure HTT has never rated Carroll, even when he played for us.

Either way it's hardly sour grapes. I don't know anybody that is bitter he no longer plays for us, because we have two better strikers here now. Ba is a far better footballer than Carroll.

Guest Archie

Still think its a shame we never got to experience how good Carroll could have been at 25 still with the 9 on his back and dripping with confidence from being the trinket of the newcastle team.

Water under the bridge perhaps but even if we now have "better" strikers, there was something about the whole Carroll saga which broke me in terms of loyalties and fotballers. Last man on earth I`d expect to leave.

Ah well, history I guess.

Still think its a shame we never got to experience how good Carroll could have been at 25 still with the 9 on his back and dripping with confidence from being the trinket of the newcastle team.

Water under the bridge perhaps but even if we now have "better" strikers, there was something about the whole Carroll saga which broke me in terms of loyalties and fotballers. Last man on earth I`d expect to leave.

Ah well, history I guess.

FORCED out etc...

Selling Carroll and replacing him with Ba and then Cisse (not to mention funding Cabaye etc) is one of the best things we've ever done. Everybody was gutted at the time, but if you in hindsight still wish we'd got to experience the last 18 months without that happening then you're a bit mental. Nee offence.

Guest bimpy474

Selling Carroll and replacing him with Ba and then Cisse (not to mention funding Cabaye etc) is one of the best things we've ever done. Everybody was gutted at the time, but if you in hindsight still wish we'd got to experience the last 18 months without that happening then you're a bit mental. Nee offence.

:snod:

Guest Archie

I was just reflecting on what could have been, not actually wishing that we reversed the last 18 months and never sold him.

We pratically built an entire team of Carroll's sale and new long contracts for current stars, as Sewelly said we were all p*ssed off at the time but it was the best thing the club done in a very long time.

The mere fact our first eleven costs less than Downing and Carroll says it all, if we rejected Liverpool's offer than we would probably still be fighting with the West Brom's of this world ( no offense to them) instead of the likes of Tottenham.

I for one wouldn't change a thing.

Edit: just seen your response, fair enough.

Your own jizz, you say …  :tobey: