The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Meh - they always raise their game against that kind of opponent.

This.

Yep, it's those days where the air of delusion around the club really helps them imo. The players, fans, staff, media have brainwashed themselves into thinking they are on a par with teams like Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and I honestly think that helps them raise their game up to their level. They've done it for years and years.

They seem to do well against man city all the time

The truth of Liverpool is though that no matter what manager Liverpool have they have a vast array of mediocre players. Stirling looks ok prospect, Suarez is good but not top quality (like torres was in his pomp) and has obvious baggage and Borini is untested as yet. Carroll doesn't fit and never will.

Throughout the squad it is full of decent but limited players. Sahin may do very well for them but can only be short term solution, if it wasn't the 'liverpool' brand that everyone fawns over don't think tehy have much over squad's like Fulham's whom have some fantastic players. When I look at squadsheets they are a mid-table club

They seem to do well against man city all the time

The truth of Liverpool is though that no matter what manager Liverpool have they have a vast array of mediocre players. Stirling looks ok prospect, Suarez is good but not top quality (like torres was in his pomp) and has obvious baggage and Borini is untested as yet. Carroll doesn't fit and never will.

Throughout the squad it is full of decent but limited players. Sahin may do very well for them but can only be short term solution, if it wasn't the 'liverpool' brand that everyone fawns over don't think tehy have much over squad's like Fulham's whom have some fantastic players. When I look at squadsheets they are a mid-table club

Agreed.

No natural finisher either and them's the one's that cost the money.

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty

More Rodgers on Joe Allen: "We paid £15m for him and I said that very quickly that price would double and people probably laughed at me."

6:52 PM - 26 Aug 12

:lol:

The clip i saw of that fox doc was Rodgers acting the unbearable prick to Raheem sterling about him talking back or something. Threatened to send him home or some such. Was real typical angry Scottish man parenting. Can't imagine that style is gonna lend itself to the big money players. Time will tell.

More Rodgers on Joe Allen: "We paid £15m for him and I said that very quickly that price would double and people probably laughed at me."

We're still laughing at you Brendan :laugh:

The clip i saw of that fox doc was Rodgers acting the unbearable prick to Raheem sterling about him talking back or something. Threatened to send him home or some such. Was real typical angry Scottish man parenting. Can't imagine that style is gonna lend itself to the big money players. Time will tell.

I was shocked that the black kid was singled out for abuse. Not Liverpool?! Wasn't that the kid that looked so promising last year, too?