The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The clip i saw of that fox doc was Rodgers acting the unbearable prick to Raheem sterling about him talking back or something. Threatened to send him home or some such. Was real typical angry Scottish man parenting. Can't imagine that style is gonna lend itself to the big money players. Time will tell.

Almost as if he were scottish. (you know he's not right)

So glad they didn't win. A draw's probably best for football, as these two horrible clubs play each other, though I hate Liverpool more.

Guest bimpy474

This forum is obsessed with Liverpool. :lol:

It proper is like.

I don't like them in the slightest but there is a horrific lack of perspective shown regarding them.

Like what sir ?

Most of the Rodgers actions seem to be blown up to the Nth degree plus generally that they're 1 of 2 clubs we have a thread devoted too (it's more popular than most of our player threads) and they would probably not give too much of a jot about us I imagine.

As I say I don't like them at all, never have and love watching them fail, just think some stuff is a bit OTT for sake's sake.

Guest bimpy474

Most of the Rodgers actions seem to be blown up to the Nth degree plus generally that they're 1 of 2 clubs we have a thread devoted too (it's more popular than most of our player threads) and they would probably not give too much of a jot about us I imagine.

Yes all true, threads funny though.

This is my place to let off steam about a club that i detest so much its untrue. I hate everything about them. Everything.

Guest BooBoo

To be fair, considering their habit of nicking our best players, the love for the vile Dalglish and their infuriating knack of hammering us each and every season at Anfield, it's no wonder we're not buddies.

Guest Recoba

It is a bit unique to this forum, the Liverpool hatred.  Seems second only to the mackems here. Im not sure if many Newcastle fans are arsed about Liverpool.

I hate Chelsea/Spurs waaay more than Liverpool. Obviously the Southern/Irish/Norwegian liverpool fans are nackers. Ive always found scouse fans to be sound and similar to geordies in many respects. Liverpool is a top night out.

Thatcherite, £note waving, "facking northern mankey" spivs who support Chelsea or Spurs boil my piss. Probably dislike Man U more too.

I think every one, who's not a Liverpool fan, generally dislikes them. However recently they seemed to be stealing our best players and also collecting together a group of dislikeable characters some of whom had rubbed our club the wrong way in the past (Bellamy, Dalglish). It's not a surprise really.

Their fans are second to none in arrogance and delusion though.

Stirling's going to be a good player like. Loves to run at people. Borini has good technique but dont see him scoring a lot, didn't seem to get in any good positions. Overall, I think they'll have a decent season and finish 5th/6th which is decent for them as that squad isn't getting CL football

I think every one, who's not a Liverpool fan, generally dislikes them. However recently they seemed to be stealing our best players and also collecting together a group of dislikeable characters some of whom had rubbed our club the wrong way in the past (Bellamy, Dalglish). It's not a surprise really.

Their fans are second to none in arrogance and delusion though.

No, they don't. You're projecting your own dislikes onto everyone else.

LFC is hardly universally admired in England, but it's generally a well looked upon club abroad.

It is a bit unique to this forum, the Liverpool hatred.  Seems second only to the mackems here. Im not sure if many Newcastle fans are arsed about Liverpool.

I hate Chelsea/Spurs waaay more than Liverpool. Obviously the Southern/Irish/Norwegian liverpool fans are nackers. Ive always found scouse fans to be sound and similar to geordies in many respects. Liverpool is a top night out.

Thatcherite, £note waving, "facking northern mankey" spivs who support Chelsea or Spurs boil my p*ss. Probably dislike Man U more too.

Surely most the country hate Liverpool after they made an embarrassment out of the whole PL last season with their racism siege. It's not a city thing though, I like the city, scousers in general and Everton.

Thatcherite, £note waving, "facking northern mankey" spivs who support Chelsea or Spurs boil my p*ss. Probably dislike Man U more too.

Surely most the country hate Liverpool after they made an embarrassment out of the whole PL last season with their racism siege. It's not a city thing though, I like the city, scousers in general and Everton.

They hate Liverpool on the Spurs board.

The scousers are ok as a bunch I find, it's the plastics that piss me off.  I know three liverpool fans, my brother who was born in newcastle and lived down south most of his life, an irish guy and a bloke from hertfordshire who supported everton until he was about twenty four and then switched to livepool.  The everton fans I know, on the other hand, are all scousers.

The scousers are ok as a bunch I find, it's the plastics that p*ss me off.  I know three liverpool fans, my brother who was born in newcastle and lived down south most of his life, an irish guy and a bloke from hertfordshire who supported everton until he was about twenty four and then switched to livepool.  The everton fans I know, on the other hand, are all scousers.

i've found it the opposite way round, the plastic scousers are OK, the locals are hideous.

plastic scousers are god awful, and scouse scousers are beyond awful.

but the ones from places like the wirral, crosby, southport, ormskirk and yes, as far away as chester, i've never found to be anything less than personable and knowledge. the ones with a bit of the accent (softened down a touch), got themselves out of the city and moved on to nicer pastures close by. gets them a bit of perspective to look back on the city and clubs with so to not get caught up in all the delusion, hysteria, paranoia and sentimentality. applies to reds and blues alike in my experience.

for instance my everton supporting mate's dad was from the wirral, had the nice version of a scouse accent and was an incredibly genuine guy. his son was super intelligent and decent through and through as well.

on the other hand my other everton mate  (ex-friend now obviously) comes from inner liverpool, would walk down edgeware road loudly complaining about 'fucking arab scum' and then told me on his everton lad's holiday to greece that they all chanted 'aint no black in the union jack' for the entire flight. rest of the passengers (john lennon airport remember) didnt seem too fussed apparently.

liverpool fans ONLINE seem to be the worst of all. know some on other forums that aren't related to football and they're all total gobshites there too with all the RAWK stereotypes coming to the fore a few times a season.