The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest Brendan_Rice

What is Brendan Rogers accent all about?

Steady

@DanielHarris: Just when you think you've seen it all, you realise you've seen nothing. RAWK, unsurpassably mental. http://t.co/GYyM0zbU

warning, following link nsfw

:kasper:

now if it was cabaye and...

Just lolled my cuppa up. :lol:

Steady

:lol:

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown

Who would you say is better than Glen (Johnson) at RB in the world? I really can't think of many.

(Glen) Johnson, best right back in England bar none, so let's play him there no matter the cost.

Who would you say is better than Glen (Johnson) at RB in the world? I really can't think of many.

(Glen) Johnson, best right back in England bar none, so let's play him there no matter the cost.

RAWK Meltdown is the greatest.

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero rejected a move to Liverpool out of respect for the Heysel tragedy, according to his former agent.

The Italian has signed a two-year contract at Sydney FC and confirmed he also snubbed a potential move to Anfield, where Brendan Rodgers is looking for free-agent strikers.

And Del Piero's ex-representative, Claudio Pasqualin, thinks the forward said no to Liverpool as a consequence of the events at the 1985 European Cup final.

Ahead of the game at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels, a disruption between Liverpool and Juventusfans caused a wall to collapse and led to the death of 39 Juventus supporters.

"Australians could find nobody better than Del Piero to let them make that step up in quality"

Claudio Pasqualin

Quotes of the week

"I think as a real Juventino, out of respect and remembrance for the massacre at Heysel, he said no to Liverpool," Pasqualin told TMW.

Quality

Pasqualin believes Del Piero's move to Australia is an excellent decision and thinks the 37-year-old will one day return to Italy and could become chief of the country's football federation.

"I think Sydney is a fantastic opportunity for him.

"Alessandro will return in his way to being a protagonist after the crucial contribution he gave to Juventus over all these years.

"He can promote Australian football throughout the world and I'm certain he'll be very happy there.

"In fact, Australians could find nobody better than Del Piero to let them make that step up in quality.

"When he returns to Italy, he'll be able to do whatever he wants. I'd see him making a good director but he could also be a great president of the FIGC (Italian Football Federation) one day or a coach at the Juventus Academy."

I see Brendan (I don't like to talk about other teams players) Rodgers is openly taking about Vorm now.

He don't like to talk about other teams players but it appears he sees it as a necessary evil.

Interesting as apparently a Reina replacement was in his top two priorities for the summer along with Borini, so Id imagine he'll really push for it now.

Vorm is a much better goalkeeper than Reina. Reina has been average at best for nearly the past two years.

Makes easy saves, distributes well but doesn't reach the top shots, makes loads of mistakes and his head goes too easily. He's on a mental load as well, he'd certainly be a long term doubt for me if I were Rodgers as well. 

Vorm is a much better goalkeeper than Reina. Reina has been average at best for nearly the past two years.

Makes easy saves, distributes well but doesn't reach the top shots, makes loads of mistakes and his head goes too easily. He's on a mental load as well, he'd certainly be a long term doubt for me if I were Rodgers as well. 

Reina has fantastic ability but his confidence seems to have been shot to bits in the last two seasons and he's making basic errors all over the shop. Saw him in the Trafford Centre last bank holiday Monday and he looked like a depressed lunatic.

"I've spoken to the players and told them if you get little niggles or little injuries you've got to man up."

Nice one Rodgers, everyone knows that when you get a niggle, you just play through it and it'll just go away :lol:

"I've spoken to the players and told them if you get little niggles or little injuries you've got to man up."

Nice one Rodgers, everyone knows that when you get a niggle, you just play through it and it'll just go away :lol:

Souness style.