The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Liverpool in recent years have been fascinating.

Although I think Rodgers needs to be given time, and has as good a chance as anyone of getting it right there, the delusion of their fans, and the sheer scale of their inability or unwillingness to face up to where they are nowadays is far more interesting than anything they do on the pitch.

Liverpool in recent years have been fascinating.

Although I think Rodgers needs to be given time, and has as good a chance as anyone of getting it right there, the delusion of their fans, and the sheer scale of their inability or unwillingness to face up to where they are nowadays is far more interesting than anything they do on the pitch.

They are carbon copies of Manchester United fans pre 1992.

Him, saying they could finish top 4 at this stage + home defeat to Villa surely puts Parky back ahead.

Was just thinking about this. Am I wrong in thinking there would be uproar in the press if it was AVB/Spurs who did the same? Rodgers is getting a free pass in contrast.

I really need to let my paranoia out from time to time, sorry everyone. FWIW I think he is doing an annoyingly good job.

Him, saying they could finish top 4 at this stage + home defeat to Villa surely puts Parky back ahead.

Was just thinking about this. Am I wrong in thinking there would be uproar in the press if it was AVB/Spurs who did the same? Rodgers is getting a free pass in contrast.

I really need to let my paranoia out from time to time, sorry everyone. FWIW I think he is doing an annoyingly good job.

I agree AVB would be a laughing stock in the press if he had come out with the same thing but they hate him for some reason and Spurs aren't exactly the most popular club with them after sacking media icon Redknapp.

Meanwhile Rogers is getting a free ride with the utter tripe he's coming out with and the fact he's in love with himself

Guest neesy111

Liverpool face tough bigotry test

21-12-12

ZENIT St Petersburg will pose Liverpool FC a massive bigotry test, admits manager Brendan Rogers.

Special US consultant ‘Cleetus’ is working with the team

The two teams were drawn in the Lidl Champions League, and Liverpool face an uphill battle to prove themselves the more racist and homophobic team.

Rogers said: “I’ve got the lads watching old Bernard Manning tapes to work on their pin-eyed hatred and we’re travelling to a rural pub in Yorkshire tomorrow with a gay dance troupe from Namibia to study how the locals react.

“People have been bigging up this club’s intolerance and Zenit are a massive challenge as they’re so suspicious of outsiders they blew up their own airport to stop any strangers coming to town.

“We’re having to get a coach there. You cannot buy that level of commitment to being a small-minded moron. Unless you’re Chelsea, obviously.”

Zenit fans recently wrote to their board insisting they never sign black or gay players. Previous requests for things they don’t want at their ground have included ‘anyone who eats salad’ and ‘anyone who has been to an art gallery’.

Liverpool are hoping the racism of Suarez combined with the homophobia of Suso will be enough to see off Zenit but admit this might falter in the face of 65,000 drunk Russians armed with road flares.

Rogers said:”If all else fails we can get the lads to call everyone in the stands ‘Boris’ and offer them a bottle of vodka. Expensive and time-consuming but a really comprehensive stab at being a xenophobic arse.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/liverpool-face-tough-bigotry-test-2012122154356

2 defeats in their last 13 now, with 6 wins. Righting the summer's wrongs in the transfer market early. Going in the right direction, unfortunately.

It was nice finishing above them.

We need to do what they've done, have the players we need signing their deals at our New Year's Eve party but we'll probably drag it out until the last day to try and get a pound off (then not sign them anyway).

2 defeats in their last 13 now, with 6 wins. Righting the summer's wrongs in the transfer market early. Going in the right direction, unfortunately.

We need to do what they've done, have the players we need signing their deals at our New Year's Eve party but we'll probably drag it out until the last day to try and get a pound off (then not sign them anyway).

I used to get laughed at on here for saying exactly this.

I used to get laughed at on here for saying exactly this.

To be fair you used to slag managers off for going on family holidays at the start of the summer. :lol: