The Liverpool Thread

Parky

And yes, f*** Arsenal. I wonder how many stars they can put on their jersey for qualifying for CL 15 times in a row.

:lol: What does this mean?  They've had a massively better side than you lot for most of the last 20 years, get over it.

Sure they have. No one has denied it. they have great domestic record (though poor since 2004)...but they are not a team that can gloat about their European pedigree.

Qualifying for a competition is not an achievement, actually winning it (OR at least coming close) is an achievement.

Yea, they've been in CL for 15 years in a row. we've probably been in 9 CLs at the same time period (too lazy to check the exact number), yet we've won the whole f***ing thing, and have reached more semi-finals and finals than them.

Fact is, they will never come even close to winning the CL under Wenger. He's always been tactically inept in Europe.

Jokes aside, I just f***ing hate Arsenal. Probably goes back to 2007 when their fans were singing still calling us "Liverhoof", their fans always  gloating how they are the saviours of beautiful football and how every other team in PL except them is boring. And I watch football for football, not for the positive net spend on the balance sheet.

Anyways, even if Suarez joins them, he'll jump the ship to Spain at earliest opportunity. Arsenal's "BIG SPENDING, WE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY" summer so far only consists of Yaya Sanogo.

They were in the final in 2006 (I think). You don't get much closer than that.

One final in 15 years. Pretty poor IMO, considering some of the teams Arsene has had in his disposal during this time period.

They've also won the league 3 times and never fallen out of the top 4 in that time, keep cherry-picking achievements to make out Suarez should stay though.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Suarez. I've always gone on about Arsene's poor European record.

Let me clear this. Yes, I am a Liverpool fan. I am fully aware we are quite s*** now, 7th best team in the country and having a very disappointing transfer window. My opinion on other teams doesn't necessarily translate to we are better than them.

And I didn't question his domestic record, it's pretty good. Just talking about his European record (OMG WE ARE ALWAYS IN THE CL)

CRINGE

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/20/article-2327380-19E07B03000005DC-175_634x454.jpg

As if your lot wouldn't celebrate like that. Give over man. :lol:

They were doing that after the 4-3 ffs.

I find this worse:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article871310.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Cardiff-City-Liverpool-Liverpool-celebrate-Carling-Cup-Final+cropped

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article871404.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Cardiff-City-Liverpool-Liverpool-celebrate-Carling-Cup-Final+cropped

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article871741.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Liverpool+team+celebrate+at+the+end+of++the+Carling+Cup+Final+match+between+Liverpool+and+Cardiff+City+cropped

League title? champions league? Nope, celebrating beating a championship team on pens for the league cup.

Oh and an almost identical pic in the dressing room after, even has the token really black bloke lying down  :lol:

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/theredsgallery/19685886659/1/tumblr_m18y0fDkLD1rrpwlp

Ok ok, so they won a trophy, but these days most top clubs would rather get CL qualification over the Europa early entry cup. It certainly means more to potential signings (and current cannibals under contract)

I find this worse:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article871310.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Cardiff-City-Liverpool-Liverpool-celebrate-Carling-Cup-Final+cropped

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article871404.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Cardiff-City-Liverpool-Liverpool-celebrate-Carling-Cup-Final+cropped

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article871741.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Liverpool+team+celebrate+at+the+end+of++the+Carling+Cup+Final+match+between+Liverpool+and+Cardiff+City+cropped

League title? champions league? Nope, celebrating beating a championship team on pens for the league cup.

Oh and an almost identical pic in the dressing room after, even has the token really black bloke lying down  :lol:

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/theredsgallery/19685886659/1/tumblr_m18y0fDkLD1rrpwlp

Ok ok, so they won a trophy, but these days most top clubs would rather get CL qualification over the Europa early entry cup. It certainly means more to potential signings (and current cannibals under contract)

Money involved in CL means, 4th spot is more valuable than winning an actual trophy (sad to be fair). I'd be chuffed to bits if we get 4th, but I'd cringe if we celebrate it like that. holding "#1" sign. Celebrated more famously than United winning the whole f***ing thing. Especially if the club has won f*** ALL for 8 years...but celebrating WINNING a competitive competition s***s all over celebrating being the 4th best team in the country. That's only me though.

Let's see if you find it embarrassing if Newcastle won the league cup this year and celebrated like those LFC pictures. I actually wish your lot do it, so I can bump this. Man United who've been pissing trophies for the past 20 years, celebrated winning the league cup twice in a row a few years ago.

P.S. the last photo is for league cup of 2003 if I ain't mistaken. beating our most hated rivals in the final. Yea, you'd be fucking embarrassed of beating Sunderland in a final to win a trophy. How would you dare celebrating it.

Sorry Gee, we aren't a big club or a fallen big club still trying to pretend to pass off as one. So of course we'd take that cup with open arms and i'm in no doubt we'd celebrate it like you would if you won the league, probably more.

It is a shame 4th place means more than a trophy, some might argue its even bigger than the FA cup, its shocking its come to that but thats the way the cookie has crumbled.

Point is you celebrate a perceived lesser achievement (right or wrong) LC vs CL in the same manner, and we all know you'd cum hard if you manage to get CL football again, no doubt a lot more than Arsenal in those pics and thats the bottom line. So why you're pissed at Arsenal for doing what you only wish you could do seems a tad daft imo.

Sorry Gee, we aren't a big club or a fallen big club still trying to pretend to pass off as one. So of course we'd take that cup with open arms and i'm in no doubt we'd celebrate it like you would if you won the league, probably more.

It is a shame 4th place means more than a trophy, some might argue its even bigger than the FA cup, its shocking its come to that but thats the way the cookie has crumbled.

Point is you celebrate a perceived lesser achievement (right or wrong) LC vs CL in the same manner, and we all know you'd cum hard if you manage to get CL football again, no doubt a lot more than Arsenal in those pics and thats the bottom line.

O no doubt. I'd wank for 24 hours straight if we got to CL.but I'd cringe if players celebrated like that in dressing room and posted it on twitter. Same way I cringe at half the stuff the official LFC twitter account tweets.

The 2012 League cup win, was our first trophy in 6 years, and had we lost it, we would have been on a 7 year trophiless run. so personally, I really enjoyed the win, and was very very very happy to win it. Big club or not, I had missed the feeling of winning silverware. I wasn't born to see us become a big club, and my lifetime is littered by Man United dominance. so Personally, I totally cherish any cup achievement by LFC no matter what. Because that's all I've seen and enjoyed by the club during my life-time. (22 years)

Point is you celebrate a perceived lesser achievement (right or wrong) LC vs CL in the same manner, and we all know you'd cum hard if you manage to get CL football again, no doubt a lot more than Arsenal in those pics and thats the bottom line.

O no doubt. I'd wank for 24 hours straight if we got to CL.but I'd cringe if players celebrated like that in dressing room and posted it on twitter. Same way I cringe at half the stuff the official LFC twitter account tweets.

The 2012 League cup win, was our first trophy in 6 years, and had we lost it, we would have been on a 7 year trophiless run. so personally, I really enjoyed the win, and was very very very happy to win it. Big club or not, I had missed the feeling of winning silverware. I wasn't born to see us become a big club, and my lifetime is littered by Man United dominance. so Personally, I totally cherish any cup achievement by LFC no matter what. Because that's all I've seen and enjoyed by the club during my life-time. (22 years)

Surely you had the 2003 LC, you'd only have been 12 (or a Manu fan)  :lol:

Ah sorry, you mean all you've seen is cups not just that one cup. Not nearly as incriminating and funny  :lol:

TBF, while the CL qualification is theoretically better for the club, most players (and fans) would rather win a competition, even if it's the UEFA Cup.

CL qualification ain't listed on your list of achievements, and you sure don't get a medal for it.

I disagree.  Fans of clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham would value CL qualification higher than the league cup.  Obviously mickey mouse clubs, such as ourselves, would rank winning competitions, even the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, higher than Europe.

I'd forgotten about the League Cup, tbh :) I wasn't including that one, and I should have said so.

I think the relative value of CL qualification vs actual trophy changes depending on how long it's been since you won some silverware.

I reckon most NUFC fans would take a cup over CL qualification at this point, and I think a fair few Arsenal fans would take the FA Cup over CL qualification this coming season, as 8 years is a hell of a long dry spell by their standards.

The last time they won something was 2005. They've played in the CL every season since then, and we haven't, but we've won an FA Cup, a League Cup and a UEFA Super Cup in that time.

Whose fans and players do you think have the fonder memories? And which would you rather have?

The point was that GC "lost almost all respect for their team for the way they celebrated getting the 4th spot after beating you lot a couple of months ago. Some of those dressing room photos were absolutely pathetic." And while I understand the underlying sentiment about cups vs CL qualification, that just sounds like sour grapes.

Oh right. With regard to GC, I agree completely. Seems to judge our club and fans by rather different standards to those of other clubs.

Well we all do that to some extent :lol:. We have to, it's part of our job.

Oh right. With regard to GC, I agree completely. Seems to judge our club and fans by rather different standards to those of other clubs.

I disagree. I'd give my left nut for CL qualification, but I just disagree with celebrating it harder than the team that actually won the title.

:lol: I'm not sure those two sentiments are compatible.

Honestly, they can celebrate it all they want. I guarantee you that I have a deeper hatred of Arsenal than you, but I'm not going to hold that against them.

Well we all do that to some extent :lol:. We have to, it's part of our job.

:lol: It goes without saying that my club is better than yours, and I can prove it. I try to draw the line at hypocrisy, though.

I disagree. I'd give my left nut for CL qualification, but I just disagree with celebrating it harder than the team that actually won the title.

:lol: I'm not sure those two sentiments are compatible.

Honestly, they can celebrate it all they want. I guarantee you that I have a deeper hatred of Arsenal than you, but I'm not going to hold that against them.

I'm pretty sure they're not.

So you must celebrate less than sides that did better than you? Is that only nationally, or also internationally?

I find it difficult to see how that letter was emotional.

To me it seemed a "don't blame me" to the fans. Every seems to fit that if Valdes buggered off from Barca he would have jumped shipped. Liverpool and Rogers haven't done too much wrong here IMO on the face of it.

So you'd sacrifice your left testicle for something but wouldn't celebrate it if you subsequently got it? Perfect logic.

So you'd sacrifice your left testicle for something but wouldn't celebrate it if you subsequently got it? Perfect logic.

He would celebrate. But slightly less than the club that finished above us.

Don't understand why you'd ridicule a team celebrating qualifying for the Champions League after a 38 game season + cup games. Shock horror that they'd let their hair down and pop some champagne.

Finishing in the top four is still a massive achievement.

Arsenal are a step-up for Suarez.