The Liverpool Thread

Parky

They're brilliant. Take away the club and what it's been about for the past 15 years, the former players in the media etc. - they're fucking fantastic to watch.

This is what you get when you do a bit of forward-thinking. Getting the most innovative forward-thinking manager in the country, sign players to fit the purpose and show ambition to keep the best of them (Suarez).

It's not fucking rocket science.

Bang on. If it wasn't Liverpool, they have all the qualities of being everyone's 'second favourite' team.

Unfortunately everyone fucking hates them, due to their past behaviour.

Still wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they won it this year, though. Have massive respect for Rodgers now. Unbelievable manager.

I'll be watching these lot hoping they win the title. I don't want to see City win it again; I don't care for Arsenal, and its either Mou's Chelsea or Rodgers' Liverpool then. So putting those 2 against each other, in normal years I'd probably just say Mourinho and Chelsea but I'm actually hoping Liverpool do it. They are fun to watch, have manager and players I wish we had, and I quite fancy a different club winning the title.

can't believe i'm saying this but i hope these go on to win this now, it'll be the best thing for the league

Have we really forgotten what Liverpool fans are like when they get some success? :lol:

No way i want them winning the league, trouble is i don't want City or Chelsea winning it either :lol:

So i'm sort of in a tough spot  :undecided:

can't believe i'm saying this but i hope these go on to win this now, it'll be the best thing for the league

Have we really forgotten what Liverpool fans are like when they get some success? :lol:

No way i want them winning the league, trouble is i don't want City or Chelsea winning it either :lol:

So i'm sort of in a tough spot  :undecided:

Rather have City than Mourinho or those Pool fans win it. Won't hear the end of it if they do...

Regardless of how much I hate LFC and all the bollocks that comes with it (I've hated them more than the mackems for many many years), I must say I would love to see THIS TEAM win the title for the sake of football. It would be a testament to how well you can do when you put together a good manager, back him with a good squad, playing good football, and get the fans behind the whole thing - and not on a sovereign state budget. This time I won't give a toss how their fans behave, as they would have every right to be smug to win the title despite Chelski and Abu Dhabi City.

Regardless of how much I hate LFC and all the bollocks that comes with it (I've hated them more than the mackems for many many years), I must say I would love to see THIS TEAM win the title for the sake of football. It would be a testament to how well you can do when you put together a good manager, back him with a good squad, playing good football, and get the fans behind the whole thing - and not on a sovereign state budget. This time I won't give a toss how their fans behave, as they would have every right to be smug to win the title despite Chelski and Abu Dhabi City.

I agree whole heartedly. Plus we have the added bonus that a Liverpool title would piss the Manchester United glory hunters off the most.

I agree whole heartedly. Plus we have the added bonus that a Liverpool title would piss the Manchester United glory hunters off the most.

Yeah I agree, plus you know that a title would more than likely be a one off with the sovereign states spending their GDP budgets next season again.

FWIW I don't think this L'pool is very good. Fantastic to watch no doubt but I reckon the side that finished 2nd under Rafa are a better team.

Of course the PL has regressed in quality since then and there's no SAF.

They've benefited tremendously from not playing in Europe. Which is great for injuries, stamina but most importantly morale. They know they are as good as anything they've faced all season (even when they've lost). Their time is now as I think CL next season will cost them points.

I know too many Liverpool gloryhunters to be happy with them lot winning it.

Much rather Arsenal win it tbh

Same but I really can't see it.

1 result can change everything though. If Wenger breaks the Mourinho duck (very unlikely I know) it's back on in a massive way. The next 4 games before their semi final are massive as I fancy them to win their last 5. It's midtable sides and games against relegation teams that have 1-0 to the Arsenal written all over them.

They're pretty dumb glory hunters if they picked Liverpool, tbh. Unless they jumped on that bandwagon 25 years ago…

Guest neesy111

They're pretty dumb glory hunters if they picked Liverpool.

Sorry but Liverpool have still had very good success minus the league over the last 2 decades.

Me too. However the 80's glory boys have been taking it on the chin from the 90's glory boys for such a time, I'd like to see the boot on the other foot. As long as we don't have another dynasty like the past 40 odd years have been between the two clubs.