The Liverpool Thread

Parky

is it just me or are they worse or as bad with klopp? [emoji38]

They just aren't that good. Pressing the opposition is a great philosophy but if you can't finish or defend set pieces it's not going to make much difference.

So for me it's the Pardew argument, he's getting very little out of the players at his disposal due to his rigid attitude.

Still once he gets £100m to spend I'm sure they'll be great.

Disagree completely, Klopp hasnt needed super expensive squads in the past at all and I cant see any formation or tactics that could make that mongrel of a squad look any good, defenders too inconsistent to play on the counter, too easily out muscled to keep the ball possession wise and too blunt to be very direct

:thup:

Although I will say that to push forward without the firepower to kill games is a dangerous game. I still think Klopp is class personally but I think he needs players to suit his philosophy and Liverpool don't have the right balance. Klopp is the exact opposite of Pardew in the way he plays the game. Play the game in the opposition's half not your own.

Sweat to god. He's class, but can't do anything other than one thing until he has the players for it?

Might as well make me a manager, I'll get it right once they give me exactly what I want.

Pep Guardiola is the same like. If that's the way you're going to play you may as well do it all the time so the players you will be keeping will get used to it and then you can add other more suitable players to it

is it just me or are they worse or as bad with klopp? [emoji38]

They just aren't that good. Pressing the opposition is a great philosophy but if you can't finish or defend set pieces it's not going to make much difference.

So for me it's the Pardew argument, he's getting very little out of the players at his disposal due to his rigid attitude.

Still once he gets £100m to spend I'm sure they'll be great.

Disagree completely, Klopp hasnt needed super expensive squads in the past at all and I cant see any formation or tactics that could make that mongrel of a squad look any good, defenders too inconsistent to play on the counter, too easily out muscled to keep the ball possession wise and too blunt to be very direct

:thup:

Although I will say that to push forward without the firepower to kill games is a dangerous game. I still think Klopp is class personally but I think he needs players to suit his philosophy and Liverpool don't have the right balance. Klopp is the exact opposite of Pardew in the way he plays the game. Play the game in the opposition's half not your own.

Sweat to god. He's class, but can't do anything other than one thing until he has the players for it?

Might as well make me a manager, I'll get it right once they give me exactly what I want.

Pep Guardiola is the same like. If that's the way you're going to play you may as well do it all the time so the players you will be keeping will get used to it and then you can add other more suitable players to it

I'm not sure that's true about Guardiola really, we won't know until he takes over/instantly creates a team that isn't the best in their league.

Klopp aint perfect but it's a shit team, it'll be less of an excuse after a few transfer windows but honestly its plain to see how poor that squad is, what could klopp be doing? theres no balance to teh team at all. He seems to be starting to get goals out of Firminio

Funny how he hasn't yet twigged that "glasses" is plural in English and keeps saying "it".

Fun fact: in German, you say "Brille", which is a round thing with a hole in the middle. It also means "toilet seat".

Why would a round thing with a hole in the middle be his glasses? Do they view them as the frame, with lenses to be added later? Sounds a bit monocular.

Probably one for the language wanker thread tbh. Love me some etymology like.

• 2 weeks later...

Judged next season imo, but less than impressive so far.

Not his side by any means, lots of dead wood and over hyped shite, but I just don't get the love fest. He seems a decent guy and an OK manager but meh.

Hope he is well after his appendicitis.

Useless fuckers could have put a big dent in the mackems confidence today but they have done the opposite: fucking scousers man.

Judged next season imo, but less than impressive so far.

Not his side by any means, lots of dead wood and over hyped shite, but I just don't get the love fest. He seems a decent guy and an OK manager but meh.

Hope he is well after his appendicitis.

Useless fuckers could have put a big dent in the mackems confidence today but they have done the opposite: fucking scousers man.

Give him a summer to clear out some of the crap in their squad, bring in his own guys and they'll look far stronger next year. He's a tremendous manager.

Yes its okay.

Top end of okay I will admit but I'm not buying this wank and gobble fest some of our lot seem to have with him.

Lets see what he does next season.

I'm sure he will improve them, but imo they will still be nowhere near a title or CL contention.

Plus he is manager of Liverpool, so he deserves a level of antipathy for that alone.