The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It has achieved fuck all. The prices arn't rising but category games have been scrapped, meaning the owners have spread out the cost of their most expensive match day tickets over pretty much every seat and across all games.

If that is the case, then you've just totally disagreed with your own first sentence.

It has achieved fuck all. The prices arn't rising but category games have been scrapped, meaning the owners have spread out the cost of their most expensive match day tickets over pretty much every seat and across all games.

If that is the case, then you've just totally disagreed with your own first sentence.

Ok so Liverpool fans won't pay £77 for a ticket, but games where £25 tickets were common will no longer be around. So instead of pricing out fans from the good seats against good teams they have priced out far more fans from the cheap seats against the rubbish teams.

Am I the only one that read today’s mails on Liverpool’s brilliant result and wondered why no-one was positing the idea about how far we can really go in the league this season?

There’s been lots of talk about who has been ‘flying under the radar’ this season but this has been reserved for talk of the mighty Spurs (who couldn’t score against us in October) & Champions Elect Leicester (who we beat on Boxing Day) but still no talk of Liverpool setting a cat among the pigeons.

I am not suggesting that it would be easy for us to overturn the 13-point gap with Spurs (who we can take three points off in April) but a top 3 finish is hardly an impossible task. We also play City in a couple of week’s time and they are currently sinking without a trace.

I know it’s very fashionable to proclaim Klopp’s eventual ascendance to the Premier League throne as a false dawn filled with hype and so I look forward to laughing at our detractors come 15th of May.

Khurram, YNWA, Loughborough

Flying under the radar. A long, long way under.

Am I the only one that read today’s mails on Liverpool’s brilliant result and wondered why no-one was positing the idea about how far we can really go in the league this season?

There’s been lots of talk about who has been ‘flying under the radar’ this season but this has been reserved for talk of the mighty Spurs (who couldn’t score against us in October) & Champions Elect Leicester (who we beat on Boxing Day) but still no talk of Liverpool setting a cat among the pigeons.

I am not suggesting that it would be easy for us to overturn the 13-point gap with Spurs (who we can take three points off in April) but a top 3 finish is hardly an impossible task. We also play City in a couple of week’s time and they are currently sinking without a trace.

I know it’s very fashionable to proclaim Klopp’s eventual ascendance to the Premier League throne as a false dawn filled with hype and so I look forward to laughing at our detractors come 15th of May.

Daft cunt's local team are top of the league.

Born to be a Liverpool fan.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh FFS... it was only Pards... leave emotions out of it  and stay objective.

4 Goals Shurley  ;D

Results like that (the winning manager's philosophy Vs what his opposite number embodies from a strictly football standpoint) and how it went down are beneficial for the overall good of the game/how the game should be approached. It was beautiful. Worth a couple of goals in the Klopp column.

• 1 month later...

It sounds like justice is being done at long last. Yes to the question whether the fans were unlawfully killed. No to the question whether the fans' behaviour contributed to the disaster.

I reckon the vast majority of match-going fans in the 1980s knew the police and authorities were lying all along. The fans died that day because of criminal negligence that was covered up all the way up to senior government. The way fans were treated back then, it could have happened to any team's supporters.

It sounds like justice is being done at long last. Yes to the question whether the fans were unlawfully killed. No to the question whether the fans' behaviour contributed to the disaster.

I reckon the vast majority of match-going fans in the 1980s knew the police and authorities were lying all along. The fans died that day because of criminal negligence that was covered up all the way up to senior government. The way fans were treated back then, it could have happened to any team's supporters.

echoes my thought pretty much over the time that's passed since.

Yes, I've always stood with the Liverpool fans on this.  There but for the grace of God go I, as anyone who travelled away in the 80s would agree.

Disgusting cover up by the police and the government,  disgusting lies in the Sun afterwards.

The authorities got it horribly wrong and covered it up. Yes, there will have been drunken fans and fans without tickets, it happens at big games on a regular basis. The planning and actions from the police had to take that into account with a fully prepared plan if there were problems. It was no secret that the Leppings Lane End was a bottle neck and queues formed, once in it was like a cattle run. Opening the gates was a death sentence. The fans acted as fans do and did, the authorities failed them massively and treat them like animals.

Justice.

Was it The Sun who lied about the supporters after?

Yes. Disgusting unfounded allegations of drunken fans urinating on the fallen , rifling through the pockets of the dead. All a calculated smear campaign by the authorities to cover up the real guilty parties.