Are you looking forward to the new season?

Guest BooBoo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I will look forward to it only if we have brought in at least two playmaking box to box midfield players who can take charge of a game and dictate the play.

The lack of this got us relegated last time and I don't think anything has changed.

If the present manager thinks Nolan and Smith are sufficient to fill two of these crucial roles then god help us.

I would show the door to any player regardless of past reputation who doesnt look as though they can last the pace for the duration of a game after a vigorous pre season assesment.

I for one could not stand seeing the team fail again simply because of passengers in the side who cant get about the field for 90mins.

I will look forward to it only if we have brought in at least two playmaking box to box midfield players who can take charge of a game and dictate the play.

So you won't be looking forward to it then.

It will be a season full of pain, frustration and depression.

I can't fooking wait!  :smitten:

Intresting things that may happen:

Smith could score.

Andy Carroll could have a cracking season earning an England call up (doubt it).

Enrique will take the piss out of every winger he plays against.

Vuckic could become that creative midfielder we've been craving since forever.

Hughton could turn out to be an awesome manager.

I can but dream

Voted yes, there is a long way to go before the season starts and whether it is loan players or maybe a proper signing or two we will have some new faces to watch.

Hughton is certainly not stupid and will know where he needs to strengthen for sure, even Ashley won't be that stupid to think that the team from last season will do anything but, struggle in the Premier League.

Hughton is certainly not stupid and will know where he needs to strengthen for sure, even Ashley won't be that stupid to think that the team from last season will do anything but, struggle in the Premier League.

:facepalm:

No absolutely dreading it, with this whole no capital outlay thing i can see nothing other than a swift return to the championship...we finished 12 and 32 points clear of west brom and blackpool last season, not a cat in hells chance of that happening this...it makes me angry and baffled that a guy with ashleys resources wont pump in 20 million to safeguard the clubs premier league status because thats all it will take to finish above the likes of wigan,wolves and Bolton....once the season kicks off im convinced we will have the 2nd/3rd worst squad in the league and can see us struggling to score goals big time which equals relegation come the end....cant see us getting more than 30 points

Very excited, dissapointed i'm on holiday for the Villa game and also the lack of other early season home games, but i can't understand anyone who says they're a fan not looking forward to a new season in the top league again.

What was the point of last season if you can't look forward to this one?

Guest Roger Kint

Looking forward to being in a league not rammed with shite definately. Guess if we got off to a good start and had some decent signings to look forward to seeing when they return to training on Monday i would have picked yes but both are non starters sadly.

The club via statements and shirt designs have took the excitement out of the close season somewhat but will be looking forward to just actually being at a game again after what seems like 6 months. Not looking forward to the season as a whole though.

Has someone seriously just said that the shirt design has taken the excitement from the close season?  Heard it all now.  Statement was a real blow, and just when you thought things couldn't get any worse the new Puma kit doesn't look as nice as an Adidas one that everyone complained about anyway.

I'm looking forward to the season as much as I always do.  I'll be happy if we stay up and will celebrate every point.

I was for an short time, then came the "announcement" from the club and the "no capital outlay" for players.  Realised there would be very little money to spend but to

say there would be nothing put a serious dampener on my new season "optimism"

Never thought we would be pulling up any trees this season, but without a few key improvements we will struggle badly I think.

All I am hoping for this season 17th place and avoiding getting a kicking from the scum  :no:

Lets hope Hughton and the scouting network (if we have one of any note yet) can unearth someone "special" on a free/very little money and avoid have to sell a few of

the existing (wafer thin) squad