James Perch

BeloEmre

Had a class game today, saved Jonas' a few times by putting in some fantastic tackles, but I hate all that play acting shit disappointed with that.

Bollocks to that. He simply reacted to what was a clear red card. Had to emphasise it to the ref. Same as Tiote v Sessegmong. Had to go down go make the ref aware.

Nah, that's what is bollocks. The reason stuff like that even happens is because of everyone trying to justify it when it's their team.

Yep, I didn't like that at all, ref did well to book him and send off Reina though...

Guest elbee909

If we do it, it's shit.

If the other team does it, it's professionalism.

And... he got headbutted.  That's what actually counts!

If we do it, it's shit.

Not really, no. It's always shit.

It's not desirable (or even pleasant) in a perfect world, but if he hadn't visibly demonstrated a headbutt had been committed, Reina wouldn't have gone off. We don't live in a perfect world. It would have been letting Reina off the hook, if he hadn't been sent off for a red card offence.

Entirely different to faking being hit/tackled by nothing/no one.

If we do it, it's shit.

Not really, no. It's always shit.

It's even more shit when we get penalties given against us for shirt pulling in the area but we don't get them when it happens the other way round (like today for instance).

Shit happens. You win some....

Had a class game today, saved Jonas' a few times by putting in some fantastic tackles, but I hate all that play acting shit disappointed with that.

Bollocks to that. He simply reacted to what was a clear red card. Had to emphasise it to the ref. Same as Tiote v Sessegmong. Had to go down go make the ref aware.

Nah, that's what is bollocks. The reason stuff like that even happens is because of everyone trying to justify it when it's their team.

Totally agree with M4, I would like our players to conduct themselves better than that.

Guest Howaythetoon

I dont like it when players react like that, especially our own, but it was against Liverpool so f*** it or rather f*** them. As for Perch, he played very well and has done so on a number of occassions now.

Don't really blame Perch for the Reina thing tbh, it's merely a symptom of the modern game. Any professional footballer would have done the exact same and, as has been already mentioned, Reina may well have got off scot free with a red card offense if Perch hadn't reacted the way he did. This utopian idea that pundits seem to have of players shrugging off attempted headbutts is just laughable these days.

Anyways, an impervious performance: him and Williamson were both absolutely fantastic. A clean sheet against Liverpool without Colo or Saylor really is an achievement.

The main problem with Perch when he came to us was his tackles were always half a second too late hence a foul and often a card. He finally seems up to speed with this league and those pathetic fouls are becoming top tackles. I can really see him maintaining this rather than it being any sort of purple patch.

The main problem with Perch when he came to us was his tackles were always half a second too late hence a foul and often a card. He finally seems up to speed with this league and those pathetic fouls are becoming top tackles. I can really see him maintaining this rather than it being any sort of purple patch.

Even though he was having some nightmare performances, there was something about his game which always hinted he could be a player though. He's quick and there were some good tackles as well.

Just wanted to say that any player who takes a stinger of a ball to his knackers on behalf of the team is a legend in my book. James Perch did precisely that today. He is the main reason we kept a clean sheet today. He is godlike. :smitten:

Had a class game today, saved Jonas' a few times by putting in some fantastic tackles, but I hate all that play acting s*** disappointed with that.

If he hadn't reacted, there'd have been no red IMO - and make no mistake - there should have been a red.

No problem for me.  Top teams take advanatage of these situations and we get nowt for being good guys.  What would Suarez have done?

Now all we need is to get Jonas to play on when in on goal even it an opponent is injured