James Perch

BeloEmre

I think It would be a good idea to see him play in a black-and white shirt before judging him. There's plenty come with huge reputations that have turned out to be cack, and plenty with reputations yet to be made wo have gone on and done exactly that.

Get out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

12 months left on his contract would mean we have got a bargain buy. I thought we would be getting reduced to clear. So this deal is a plus.

Hmm, think they must have thought he'd sign a new contract if they turned us down in January (though Forest were still in the middle of a title chasing season) yet accepted a deal 6 months later. So far we've heard anywhere between £500k - £1m, with the bid in Jan supposedly £1.5m.

Haven't seen a lot of Perch so it's difficult to say if he'll be a good signing or not.

Seen enough of Simpson to know that after having been repeatedly bummed against the likes of Jerome Thomas to know that Perch definitely isn't any worse.

Low fee, low risk, low wage (relatively), sell-on fee if it doesn't work out, can play in a few positions...etc.  Very 'meh' all round.

"It's brilliant to finally get here. There was a lot of talk in January and I was close then but to get it signed and sealed is brilliant.

"The size of the football club and the city is massive. I have come from a big club in Forest but it's a step up to a massive club. We faltered at the last hurdle with Forest and it's brilliant to be a Premier League player now.

"Hopefully I can get some games under my belt and get training with the lads. The aura around the place is massive. The players they have got here... to have got relegated and then come straight back up shows massive, massive courage."

Massive.

"It's brilliant to finally get here. There was a lot of talk in January and I was close then but to get it signed and sealed is brilliant.

"The size of the football club and the city is massive. I have come from a big club in Forest but it's a step up to a massive club. We faltered at the last hurdle with Forest and it's brilliant to be a Premier League player now.

"Hopefully I can get some games under my belt and get training with the lads. The aura around the place is massive. The players they have got here... to have got relegated and then come straight back up shows massive, massive courage."

Massive.

Massive indeed, very massive ;D

But good luck to the lad, he will need it  :coolsmiley:

Guest Splodgely

Fairly happy with the signing to be honest. He can play a number of positions and should be hungry as opposed to someone like say Samuel who's had many more chances and not done much with them. Actually know one Forest fan who's sad to see him go and when I've ever seen him (fairly infrequently if I'm honest) he's always looked good to me.

Let's hope he has a Jenas-esque first season at least  O0

Definitely not Jenas! Sad to see that Jenas' career has declined somewhat with Tottenham. Our youngest ever captain and ridiculously talented.

Just to show some of the sentiment of Forest fans towards Perch (and hopefully thus that we're not bitter), check out this thread: http://www.forestfans.net//index.php?/topic/17271-perch-to-newcastle/page__pid__385354__st__0&#entry385354

Only a fickle and crap supporter will do anything but wish Perch all the best, and I truly do wish him the best. I think all those who talk about giving players a chance are spot on. May not be the most inspiring signing, and while I'm surprised you went in for him again, I hope it's a case of fresh surroundings, fresh player.

Fuck off Ashley you said we weren't spending

money. Lying bastard.

Always knew it wouldn't be to the extent that others were making out.

Chris Hughton got his man, but is it the right man? Only next season will tell.

Guest elbee909

Massive.

Massive indeed, very massive ;D

But good luck to the lad, he will need it  :coolsmiley:

We have Nolan, so there's definitely a fair bit of mass there.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fuck off Ashley you said we weren't spending

money. Lying bastard.

Always knew it wouldn't be to the extent that others were making out.

Chris Hughton got his man, but is it the right man? Only next season will tell.

Ah fuck I cannit wait, think I'll just grab them all of utorrent now since America usually gets new seasons first.

I am happy that we have signed him, he was one of the players many would have been happy to sign after our two games against forest... He is capable, let's see if he's consistent, age is right also...

I am happy that we have spent some money, goes to show that it was barra'boy negotiating tactics from ashley, tell the world we're spending nothing and plead poverty to get some bargains..Well done!

Jonas hardly got a kick against him up here, he had a mare at Blackpool in the Play Off's. He looks to have more pace than Simpson and that puts him in front of Simpson for me. Forest fans seem to be suggesting that he may not always give his all & can be careless (certainly against Blackpool he was) if he does that it the PL he will struggle big time.

I've never seen him play, but I think it's a good signing on this basis:

Deportivo fans being devestated when we signed Luque, Coloccini and Xisco for massive fees.

Guest elbee909

It must be fantastic for players we sign to google their new club and find everyone saying they are shit before they've even played.

I think they're too busy going out and buying expensive watches from dodgy mancs.

James massive Perch. If defensive midfielder was his best position at forest and tackling is his biggest asset he could be handy next season if he isn't first choice right back.

so, yesterday we all expected no signings at all, certainly none that cost money.

today we make a signing, that we have had to pay a fee for, and we're still moaning?

He was a back up player for forest, I think that's why people aren't overjoyed.

oh right, best slate him before he's kicked a ball then eh?

we're our own worst enemy sometimes man.

A signing, that's a start and pretty much destroys the "no capital outlay on new players" statement, though this probably means we just won't buy any expensive players.

So that must mean no Joe Cole  :undecided:

It doesn't destroy the "no capital outlay" statement.

It just means we've spent some money on a player, whether that money is going to be funded by the sale of any of our current players or out of the club's (.i.e. Ashley's) funds is the test. We won't know if there has been capital outlay on new players until the window ends. 

We don't even know what capital outlay means.

My call on this is that it means a very simple sell to buy policy. Whoever is sold this transfer window will generate the funds to pay for whoever comes in.  We've bought Perch and that means the intention is that someone is going to be sold. I wouldn't rule out the club making another transfer window "profit" either. For example S Taylor could go for £7m (say) and Hughton may well not get all of that to spend.

A signing, that's a start and pretty much destroys the "no capital outlay on new players" statement, though this probably means we just won't buy any expensive players.

So that must mean no Joe Cole  :undecided:

It doesn't destroy the "no capital outlay" statement.

It just means we've spent some money on a player, whether that money is going to be funded by the sale of any of our current players or out of the club's (.i.e. Ashley's) funds is the test. We won't know if there has been capital outlay on new players until the window ends. 

We don't even know what capital outlay means.

My call on this is that it means a very simple sell to buy policy. Whoever is sold this transfer window will generate the funds to pay for whoever comes in.  We've bought Perch and that means the intention is that someone is going to be sold. I wouldn't rule out the club making another transfer window "profit" either. For example S Taylor could go for £7m (say) and Hughton may well not get all of that to spend.

also a probable save on wages aswell as transfer fees.

No capital outlay could also simply mean not spreading transfer payments over more than a year. It could just mean that we're living within our means and any cash signings are affordable both in the short and the long term.

No capital outlay could also simply mean not spreading transfer payments over more than a year. It could just mean that we're living within our means and any cash signings are affordable both in the short and the long term.

wasn't it no "new" or "fresh" capital outlay ?