James Perch

BeloEmre

It was a brilliant turn of pace and shot from Johnson, but i was surprised by how easily he skinned Jose. I doubt that'll happen too often this season - he seemed to misjudge his winger completely there; wasn't nearly close enough to him. No questions about the finish though, brilliant strike to be fair.

It was a brilliant turn of pace and shot from Johnson, but i was surprised by how easily he skinned Jose. I doubt that'll happen too often this season - he seemed to misjudge his winger completely there; wasn't nearly close enough to him. No questions about the finish though, brilliant strike to be fair.

Should have shown him down the line. He was always going to cut inside and get a shot away.

Should have been dealt with tbh. :hmm:

• 2 months later...

Newcastle: James Perch

Normally making history is an achievement. Not on this occasion. By being booked in each of his first five Premier League games, Perch set a record. In his sixth, meanwhile, he contrived to score a decisive own goal which was another sign that the former Nottingham Forest player was struggling to adjust to the higher division. With his defensive deficiencies increasingly apparent, it was no surprise he was swiftly dropped when Danny Simpson returned to full fitness.