Dan Gosling

Dave

He's a far inferior player to Guthrie imo. Guthrie's a terrible athlete but a decent footballer.

Yep. Guthrie has some ability, and with a bit more drive and hunger he could have been a very good player. Gosling wouldn't stand out in div 1.

I don't like cryptic Ronaldo.  Angry Ronaldo is much better.

Tbf to Ron he reckoned Gosling would turn out to be a very good player. So far, that looks very, very far from true.

We've all done it one way or another, calling a player out as potential sh*te or genius. After seeing Carroll's limp substitute apprearance against Man City a few years ago i said the long streak of p*ss would never amount to anything.

Even i can be wrong.... hard to believe.

Gosling will turn out to be a limited player but a good PL midfield goalscorer. It just won't be here.

Sounds like another of your heroes. *coughLampard*  ;)

He's a far inferior player to Guthrie imo. Guthrie's a terrible athlete but a decent footballer.

At one point of the season where we finished 5th he was an outstanding replacement for Cabaye when the later was out.

He deputised for Tiote far more than Cabaye.

Gosling is a Championship-quality centre mid. Not a bad player, but probably not cut-out for this level. Seems like he puts in the effort, just doesn't have what it takes. I don't hate him for it, as it's not his fault Pardew plays him every week.

Guest firetotheworks

At one point of the season where we finished 5th he was an outstanding replacement for Cabaye when the later was out.

I don't think you're right there.

I am. Cabaye only missed 4 games.

Guess he meant that it was Cabaye who deputised for Tiote, while Guthrie came in to play the 'Cabaye' role.

Guest firetotheworks

Guess he meant that it was Cabaye who deputised for Tiote, while Guthrie came in to play the 'Cabaye' role.

:thup: That's what deputised means.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no, because that's not what happened. Guthrie played deeper than Cabaye.

Guest firetotheworks

Well, no, because that's not what happened. Guthrie played deeper than Cabaye.

Can't be arsed. I disagree, you disagree.

I think people are being kind calling him championship level, he will go there next but he won't be good enough and will end up on the bench until his contract ends and he goes to league 1.