Dan Gosling

Dave

Never looked like a decent defender to me. Never.

He's a tidy footballer, pretty quick, good height but what are his strengths? Looked best when deployed a wing-back/winger at Wigan.

What are his strengths? Pace, athleticism, comfortable on the ball, beats a man, loves to get forward. Aye, he's defensive side could improve but he's a young lad and I can't believe anyone isn't ecstatic to have him on our books.

Ecstatic is pushing it but there is no reason why he can't become a very good player for us for years to come.

A good coach would sort him defensively too. It's predominately the mental side he struggles with IMO, nowt that can't be fixed you'd assume.

He'll be better this coming season.

Ball watches far too much as a defender imo. Cracking giong forward mind.

1 goal and 1 assist was it last season? Might be off with the assists but the only one I can remember off the top of my head was Jonas' header against Chelsea.

Guest icemanblue

1 goal and 1 assist was it last season? Might be off with the assists but the only one I can remember off the top of my head was Jonas' header against Chelsea.

Sissoko against Chelsea, too.

Sissoko against Chelsea, too.

Ah yeah. :thup:

Like I said, I was probably off with the assists but the idea that he's great going forward is one that is frequently exaggerated. He can glide past players at times but we get so few results from him. He doesn't contribute enough to the 'stats' to be considered anything other than average going forward, imo.

He's more threatening that the stats suggest though. The problem is that he ideally needs someone in front of him who naturally goes outside when he cuts in.

Guest bimpy474

Well tbf if he had someone other than Jonas in front of him, he would have been much better stats wise.

Besides all of this is irrelevent if Pardew has us playing the same crappy, lets make no chances, survive after a bit of magic defensive stuff. Not many players can look good playing that god awful football.

Santon is around the same age as some of our prospects we are still desperate to loan out and get games. There is plenty of time and ability there to see him become a class full back.

Guest neesy111

I'm not his biggest fan, but I think he's a winger not a full back and showed how decent he is there during that spell when he scored v Wigan.

Never looked like a decent defender to me. Never.

He's a tidy footballer, pretty quick, good height but what are his strengths? Looked best when deployed a wing-back/winger at Wigan.

What are his strengths? Pace, athleticism, comfortable on the ball, beats a man, loves to get forward. Aye, he's defensive side could improve but he's a young lad and I can't believe anyone isn't ecstatic to have him on our books.

Ecstatic is pushing it but there is no reason why he can't become a very good player for us for years to come.

A good coach would sort him defensively too. It's predominately the mental side he struggles with IMO, nowt that can't be fixed you'd assume.

He'll be better this coming season.

Agreed fully.

In the interview Pardew gave to BBC Newcastle earlier, in discussing who - if anyone was needed to fill the gap left by Perch, Pardew mentioned Gosling as an option.

Hmmm, that don't sound like a man on the move. Kinnear's dropped a bollock by buggering off for his hollipops. :hmm:

In the interview Pardew gave to BBC Newcastle earlier, in discussing who - if anyone was needed to fill the gap left by Perch, Pardew mentioned Gosling as an option.

When was the interview recorded?

No fee agreed. :angry:

Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish -

“No terms have been agreed because we haven’t got an agreement with Newcastle United,”

“There have been a few conversations with them – not on a fee, just details.

“He’s had injuries, but to clarify nothing has been agreed.

“It’s something we’ve made an enquiry about, that’s all.”