The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

The ref gave the advantage to Gomes to keep the game flowing and Spurs were in a good position to get a quick break on which was the right decision. I'd expect every ref to ask the keeper simply to play on and keep the game going without a free-kick being taken. Gomes then f***s up by dropping the ball in front of him and appearing to take a free-kick, he should have just got rid of it. The ref f***s up by just allowing it to happen an not bringing it back once Nani puts it in the net. Common sense says that it shouldn't, in the spirit of the game, be allowed to stand. He then has another chance to speak to his linesman to get it right and fails to get it right again.

Both Clattenburg and Gomes are at fault. I can see why it was allowed but it's not the right way to go about things.

No he didn't. He shrugged his shoulders. Since when has a shrug of the shoulders been the sign for play on? play on is when the ref puts both arms out infornt and Clattenburg never did that once. The ref has to give a clear indication/sign that he's waving play on so the player understands fully. A shrug of the shoulders is not play on.

How long has Gomes been playing professional football? The bloke knew he picked the ball up and he should have distributed it asap. He doesn't need to be told to 'play on' by the ref or anyone else because it was so blatantly obvious that it was a case of the keeper just getting the game restarted by bowling it out or kicking it from his hands.

I do think the ref was wrong to let it stand but to absolve Gomes of any blame is fucking bonkers. They both fucked up.   

The ref gave the advantage to Gomes to keep the game flowing and Spurs were in a good position to get a quick break on which was the right decision. I'd expect every ref to ask the keeper simply to play on and keep the game going without a free-kick being taken. Gomes then f***s up by dropping the ball in front of him and appearing to take a free-kick, he should have just got rid of it. The ref f***s up by just allowing it to happen an not bringing it back once Nani puts it in the net. Common sense says that it shouldn't, in the spirit of the game, be allowed to stand. He then has another chance to speak to his linesman to get it right and fails to get it right again.

Both Clattenburg and Gomes are at fault. I can see why it was allowed but it's not the right way to go about things.

No he didn't. He shrugged his shoulders. Since when has a shrug of the shoulders been the sign for play on? play on is when the ref puts both arms out infornt and Clattenburg never did that once. The ref has to give a clear indication/sign that he's waving play on so the player understands fully. A shrug of the shoulders is not play on.

How long has Gomes been playing professional football? The bloke knew he picked the ball up and he should have distributed it asap. He doesn't need to be told to 'play on' by the ref or anyone else because it was so blatantly obvious that it was a case of the keeper just getting the game restarted by bowling it out or kicking it from his hands.

I do think the ref was wrong to let it stand but to absolve Gomes of any blame is fucking bonkers. They both fucked up.   

But if it's a handball, and he didn't indicate play on, it's a free kick. Since when was a free kick taken by picking the ball up and throwing it on the ground to prepare kicking it?

Ratboy goals again, seriously why..

trying to cheer him up, he looked ready to off himself at the start of the show

Would've made for much more entertaining television than the tripe they've served up (barring our goals  :aww:)