The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

As much as it pains me to say, kd is spot on. At least one of them had to be a penalty. Unfortunately Bale's blatant dive and Spurs' desperation is stopping the referee from buying into it.

Good game, but Spurs are too desperate. They've been unlucky so far like as nothing is falling for them, which you really need it to if you're going to get anything from a night like this.

Bang on the money JH with the Bale comment. The fact he tried to con the ref has somewhat backfired on Spurs, especially the way Modric made the most of it.

I'd be fuming if neither of the Modric/Pav shouts were given for my team but equally, from a neutral POV, I can see why the ref has decided against pointing to the spot.

The Modric one was the only debatable one for me. The Bale one was a blatant dive, he's clearly been watching Ashley Young too much. For the Pav one, Pav seemed to go to ground before the was any contact. Modric was a 50/50 that could well have been given had Bale not taken a dive earlier.

The Modric one was the only debatable one for me. The Bale one was a blatant dive, he's clearly been watching Ashley Young too much. For the Pav one, Pav seemed to go to ground before the was any contact. Modric was a 50/50 that could well have been given had Bale not taken a dive earlier.

Defender didn't get the ball when challenging Pav IIRC so the defender got away with that.

The refusal to give the penalty for the 2 subsequent claims was IMO, fairly or unfairly, more to do with Bale's earlier attempt at cheating.