The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest Heneage

Pissi's claim that Gerrard Rooney is just as bad doesn't wash with me. It's one thing to dive, it's another to feign injury and fake pain.

:facepalm:

You're trying to take moral highground over diving?  It doesn't matter how injured they pretend to be, a dive is a dive.

No not in the slightest I've lambasted both of them for diving and diving is not acceptable period. However it is the lesser of two evils when you not only dive but then feign injury with the intention of having a man booked.

Gerrard and Rooney only ever dive in the box which is in turn cheating their opposition by gaining a 1 goal advantage (Sheff Utd, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal etc..) how can you say that is better than someone feigning an injury?

That's not consistent reasoning, what you are also implying there is that Barca players will do it anywhere except in the box which they don't. Getting a free kick or pen plus rolling around on the floor to get someone sent off is worse, yes.

Players like Busquets and Mascherano not only do both but do it more often. Not a difficult concept.

Not even going to continue this embarrassing debate.

I've already said diving shouldn't happen and it's just as bad no matter what club it happens at.  You're trying to argue it's not as bad when Liverpool and Man Utd do it.  That is fine, don't care enough about your opinion to keep arguing.

You're trying to argue it's not as bad when Liverpool and Man Utd do it.

No, you're trying to claim they do it just as much just as often which is simply factually not true.

In any ways, the issue is you even bringing them up when the attitudes that were being criticised were those of players like Busquets and Mascherano that deserved every bit of stick independent of anything else. But as always let's deflect that by showing someone else with a petty attitude.

Letting Pique go has to go down as one of Ferguson's biggest flops.  The fact he seen more potential in Jonny Evans makes me laugh and I'm Northern Irish.

So good on the ball aswell as in a tackle.  He could be right up there with Nesta if he keeps this form up.

Letting Pique go has to go down as one of Ferguson's biggest flops.  The fact he seen more potential in Jonny Evans makes me laugh and I'm Northern Irish.

So good on the ball aswell as in a tackle.  He could be right up there with Nesta if he keeps this form up.

Keep forgetting that Pique was once on Man U's books!

Not really, considering Man U has conceded 3 goals in the Champions League this year.

Not saying Pique isn't a fantastic player, he is one of the best CB in the world (plus he's shagging Shakira), but you can't really fault Ferguson for letting a defender go when their defence is as good as theirs is.

But they would have had one of the world's finest CB's for the next 10 years instead of having to try and replace Rio soon who's injury prone and very much on the decline.

Pique and Vidic would be disgustingly good.

But they would have had one of the world's finest CB's for the next 10 years instead of having to try and replace Rio soon who's injury prone and very much on the decline.

Pique and Vidic would be disgustingly good.

Smalling looks the real deal to me. See your point, but I just don't think you can criticise him when they are doing as well as they have been.

I've seen absolutely nothing of Smalling yet to think he'll become a top class CB.

Way too early to tell, especially as I haven't seen him loads, but he's looked quality the few times I've seen him.

It was a mistake. They got what, £5 million for him?

Yeah £5million, complete bargain.

He did want to leave though. Not a whole lot Fergie could do about it except demand a bigger transfer fee, which he should have. I'm pretty sure Fergie didn't let him go because he didn't think he was good enough.

Jonny Evans is one of Fergie's biggest flops and he didn't even pay anything for him.

Just landed on Wales and I'm on my way to Manchester. Happened to get a mong Man Utd fan with me. Apparently Berbatov is shite, Nani is shite, Lindegaard (who has played two games) is shite and Dwight Yorke is one of our best ever. The solution to our problem (?) is Charlie Adam BTW, and the.referees hate us, as we were robbed when Owen was denied a penalty.

I'm a Manchester United fan, and I'm biting my lip to prevent myself defending other teams.

I'm waiting on him saying Lovenkrands is the way forward.

Help.

Guest neesy111

Amazing the amount of people criticising and saying Barca play like that every game, when I'd bet they watch fuck all La Liga.  Busquets and Mascherano are absolute cunts though for the way they go on, but it's no where near as bad in the league, it's just that El Classico and Madrids pathetic tactics and antics have highlighted what has gone.

Glad this El Classico trilogy is over.

If barca do the double, then to me it would confirm their status as the greatest ever club team to have played IMO.