The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

He's always been a very classly and talented player, but at no point has he been a great goalscorer. I think he'll continue to perform wheverer he is, but the past tells me the goal return will not be as substantial. This is in reference to Odemwingie, btw.

Is 80 points potentially the lowest ever points total for Premiership champions?

We got 80 and won the league in 2001. Arsenal were second and only had 70 too.

Won it in 1999 with 79 too, the year we won the treble.

Is 80 points potentially the lowest ever points total for Premiership champions?

Ah I figured there had probably been lower. Still if you gift Blackpool the points on the final day you can beat that record  :razz:.

I'm surprised the media haven't made much of the fact that West Ham are now all but relegated unless they win both their last games by a scoring a lot of goals and conceding none.

Sullivan and Gold.  The Olympic stadium  ;D

Ah I figured there had probably been lower. Still if you gift Blackpool the points on the final day you can beat that record  :razz:.

Can't even see it being that weak a team against Blackpool. It's different resting players at the weekend for a midweek Champions League game, but the final is on the Saturday night. Giggs, van der Sar and Ferdinand will definitely be rested but I still think it'll be a strong team.

You'll get to see Michael Owen though I'm sure. Got to look forward to that. :lol: