The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Never once did I say he should be managing players like Smith and Perch.

Let me say this then to make it easier for you to understand. Mourinho has not won anything with an unwinnable team. I have not once said he's not a great manager, there aren't many managers of his qualities and achievements out there. But he has won with Inter who were used to win titles and during a time where the Serie A was weak. He has won with Chelsea where he had the money to buy whatever player he wanted, he won last night with a team that has the deepest squad in the world, yet people makes it look like he has won of an eleven consisting of amateur players.

Not once have I said he's shit or hasn't won anything. All I've said is that he's not exactly won stuff with nobodies.

Who has?

My response wasn't exactly to you. 

But well, considering I'm to young to even remember most of the 90s, I'd say during the last decade Porto certainly had the worst team. And the achievement was great, but tell me bar Man Utd what other teams did they play on their way to the final? Were these great teams? Or were these teams of the same reputation as them?

Mourinhos achievements ARE great, and I AM a fan of Mourinho. However, sometimes he gets more credit than he deserves that's all I wanted to say really and I'm talking about last night for instance. His team was inferior for 120minutes and moments of brilliance from his goalkeeper and one moment of greatness from arguably the 2nd best player in the World won him the game.

Never once did I say he should be managing players like Smith and Perch.

Let me say this then to make it easier for you to understand. Mourinho has not won anything with an unwinnable team. I have not once said he's not a great manager, there aren't many managers of his qualities and achievements out there. But he has won with Inter who were used to win titles and during a time where the Serie A was weak. He has won with Chelsea where he had the money to buy whatever player he wanted, he won last night with a team that has the deepest squad in the world, yet people makes it look like he has won of an eleven consisting of amateur players.

Not once have I said he's s*** or hasn't won anything. All I've said is that he's not exactly won stuff with nobodies.

Who has?

wow...

My response wasn't exactly to you. 

But well, considering I'm to young to even remember most of the 90s, I'd say during the last decade Porto certainly had the worst team. And the achievement was great, but tell me bar Man Utd what other teams did they play on their way to the final? Were these great teams? Or were these teams of the same reputation as them?

Mourinhos achievements ARE great, and I AM a fan of Mourinho. However, sometimes he gets more credit than he deserves that's all I wanted to say really and I'm talking about last night for instance. His team was inferior for 120minutes and moments of brilliance from his goalkeeper and one moment of greatness from arguably the 2nd best player in the World won him the game.

I'm not sure that's a fair description of the game. Barcelona no doubt played the better football overall, but Madrid edged it in the first

half. In the 2nd half, although Barca dominated possession, in terms of chances and likeliness to score they were almost even. Barca was just better on the eyes. On ur 2nd statement of winning with a poor team, like you said no manager has done so in the CL. Mourinho's success should be measured against some realistic standards not some abstract unachievable standards and using the former, Mourinho is amongst the best if not the best already (will be if he leads Madrid to CL trophy)

:facepalm:

Pretty s*** yeah...

12 goals in 13 UEFA Cup games the season prior to the Champions League. And then 16 in 27 the whole season they won the Champions League.  :doh:

Carlos Alberto scored the first goal in that CL Final, s*** players don't do that. The season after that he played for Corinthians and was one of the their key players.

Pretty s*** yeah...

12 goals in 13 UEFA Cup games the season prior to the Champions League. And then 16 in 27 the whole season they won the Champions League.  :doh:

Carlos Alberto scored the first goal in that CL Final, s*** players don't do that. The season after that he played for Corinthians and was one of the their key players.

sorry, forgot we weren't allowed to criticise brazilian players on here.

derlei and carlos alberto would've been mid to lower table prem players at that point, and even that's being charitable. they performed better for porto because of who the manager was.

jardel shits on both of them and he was crap too.  :fishing:

Pretty s*** yeah...

12 goals in 13 UEFA Cup games the season prior to the Champions League. And then 16 in 27 the whole season they won the Champions League.  :doh:

derlei and carlos alberto would've been mid to lower table prem players at that point, and even that's being charitable. they performed better for porto because of who the manager was.

What? Criticize how many Brazilian players you want as long as you've seen them. I have no problem as long as you can give an opinion to why.

Now, you yourself said he (Derlei) wasn't shit. Good on you...

Carlos Alberto on the other hand is shit now, but at that time he was a very promising player. After all he played in Mourinhos team and was then one of the reason to why Corinthians won the title in Brazil (Mourinho wasn't the manager at Corinthians, no). I also find it hard to understand why Porto, then Corinthians than Werder Bremen would splash cash on this kid if he was shit.

Pretty s*** yeah...

12 goals in 13 UEFA Cup games the season prior to the Champions League. And then 16 in 27 the whole season they won the Champions League.  :doh:

jardel shits on both of them and he was crap too.  :fishing:

Jardel only shits on portuguese defenders, fucking hell he was an average player just like Afonso Alves.

Carlos Alberto only scored 2 goals for Porto. It just so happens the I bet on him to be First Goalscorer in one of those 2 games. (The CL Final unsurprisingly).

That is all, just wanted to remember that moment.