The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

That said, I bet the 2nd seeded nation in our group will now blatantly be France. :lol:

I don't get how you overtook them. Ok, France have been awful in recent years but at least they've been qualifying. Russia went to Euro 2008 and Greece won the thing 4 years before.

Well done though. I love a bit of Norway  :clap2:

Well, it's down to results more than just qualifying. We were inches away from the WC (worst 2nd placed team) and have played well since Drillo came back as manager often beating better sides. Think we've 14-3-6 since he took over (home 7-1-1 away 7-2-5), beating the likes of France, Germany, Portugal who at the time were way above us on the FIFA ranking thus gaining us more points.

Faroe Islands winning 2 (TWO) - 0.

Bet fixing?

I'm watching it.

Doesn't look suspicious, just Estonia are really shit. Remember their best player plays for Boro.

Haven't we got a youngster from Faroe Island?

Faroe Islands winning 2 (TWO) - 0.

Bet fixing?

I'm watching it.

Doesn't look suspicious, just Estonia are really s***. Remember their best player plays for Boro.

Haven't we got a youngster from Faroe Island?

Yes, Joan Simun Edmundsson, but next season will surely be his last season in Newcastle United...

The 'Olés' are coming out from the Faroes crowd now. Backheels and everything, completely humiliating.  :lol:

Edit: Mexican wave now.

How is the ref doing? Tor-Kristian Karlsen speculating in match fixing. Active Asian bidding apparently.

The 'Olés' are coming out from the Faroes crowd now. Backheels and everything, completely humiliating.  :lol:

Edit: Mexican wave now.

How is the ref doing? Tor-Kristian Karlsen speculating in match fixing. Active Asian bidding apparently.

He's looked okay from my point of view. Estonia just look absolutely atrocious.

Commentator did say the first penalty was dodgy and the red was for dissent.... but then he's given lots of decisions the other way too like the Faroes player was rightly sent off before.

Seems there could be some wind with this betting scandal thing. I remember thinking Faroes odds were pretty short when I was doing accumulator before...but then they were 2 minutes away from winning the away fixture so thought nothing of it. The ref seemed fair to me but I will say that Estonia were shockingly poor, to the point where I was struggling to imagine they were actual pros...

Yohandry Orozco taken off at half time for Venezuela, but he looks very good indeed. Was the one that scored the 'Maradona' goal in the U20 tournament. Pushed through straight into the full side by Venezuela, one to look out for at the Copa America coming up.