Jermaine Jenas

Ishmael

51 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Most lucrative business of the past 5 years being a therapist for creepy men. 

Good South Park episode

41 minutes ago, Decky said:

Spoke to The Sun about it too. :facepalm:

All incredibly stage managed by the fucking little cockroach.

Desperate to get his greasy fucking mug back on tele

Weird he got sacked so promptly. Probably he was bang to rights and BBC keen to avoid any more bad press.

If its just texting consenting lasses, like he says, then feels slightly harsh. If he's been a meganonce then fair enough. 

Don’t condone it but he’s not the first or last married man to text lassies. Seems very strange to get sacked for it if as he says the woman was ‘interested’ more to come out of this I assume. 

the fact the txts have ended up at HR suggests the woman wasn’t interested, or was and then changed her mind. 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Don’t condone it but he’s not the first or last married man to text lassies. Seems very strange to get sacked for it if as he says the woman was ‘interested’ more to come out of this I assume. 

"Jenas insisted "I did nothing illegal" and argued the messages were with "two consenting adults". "With one she made it clear she was interested," he added."

Even if we take his word that one was making it clear she was interested, that kind of implies he didn't get the same impression from the other. 

Edit: Or is he talking about the "two consenting adults" being him and one woman, and she made it clear she was interested in one message? 

Not a fan of Jenas like, think he's an absolute horse shit commentator and he has a really inflated view of himself despite never really tearing it up like folk thought he would when he first burst on the scene. Good footballer, not great. Such a shame as I had a soft spot with him for his whole SBR relationship.

9 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

"Jenas insisted "I did nothing illegal" and argued the messages were with "two consenting adults". "With one she made it clear she was interested," he added."

Even if we take his word that one was making it clear she was interested, that kind of implies he didn't get the same impression from the other. 

Edit: Or is he talking about the "two consenting adults" being him and one woman, and she made it clear she was interested in one message? 

Maybe BBC has been shown the messages, and deemed them unsolicited? Isn't that what unsolicited means, like unwanted? English is not my first language. He might be making excuses to the public to make himself look better from the outside.

Edited by Erikse

11 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Yeah, your edit is what I took it to be but maybe not 

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Maybe BBC has been shown the messages, and deemed them unsolicited? Isn't that what unsolicited means, like unwanted? English is not my first language. He might be making excuses to the public to make himself look better from the outside.

Yeah, not asked for 

28 minutes ago, gdm said:

the fact the txts have ended up at HR suggests the woman wasn’t interested, or was and then changed her mind. 

yeah spoke the missus about this.

she agreed just a typical stupid blokey thing to do and an apology to the individual should have been enough.

do it again and you're out.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah spoke the missus about this.

she agreed just a typical stupid blokey thing to do and an apology to the individual should have been enough.

do it again and you're out.

Exactly. Unless there is more to this than he’s saying.

sitting on a zoom call while a group of four people read out your sexual messages must be hefty embarrassing mind 

On 22/08/2024 at 18:53, TRon said:

Did he slag the city off? I think people just made too much of an offhand comment.

He didnt actually say it directly iirc - a journalist put the words to him. 

2 hours ago, Stuy_O said:

That screamer against West Ham Jenas scored does bring back good memories, like. 

Seem to remember his bossing the mackems in the 0-1 at their place too. 

he bossed Edgar Davids very early on on his nufc career and then never really kicked on 

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Dyer was a significantly better and more gifted player than Jenas. Jenas was just a nothing player for almost all his career, certainly a few years after he broke through 

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.9a44cc42773fcf1f5a5deaeadbd0c645.jpeg

Incredibly harsh take for someone with his career. I saw most of his games for us, well at home anyway and a smattering away. He was a phenomenal talent in his position. 
Bear in mind he was with us aged 19-22 so reasonable to compare to Elliot Anderson, who has had 44 appearances and one Scotland U22 cap in same time period. 

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I would assume his texts were frequent and weird and not just him saying "yu doin anyfin satada x" 

If he's texting bairns he needs firing into Sunlun.

Fyp.

He’s put his side of the story out.

the other side is clearly someone (or many people) put a complaint in and having reviewed what went on he got the sack. And his former employer has set about purging any records of him, and there’s claims his management agency has dropped him too.

So you can weigh up those two sides 

Edited by WilliamPS