Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't like this talk of realism from Hughton, going into the season without improving the first team, realistically, is retarded. It's not the fans that need to get real at this point.

Putting it in context he also spoke of the need to strengthen. He spoke about reaslism in terms of our aims for the season.

I don't like this talk of realism from Hughton, going into the season without improving the first team, realistically, is retarded. It's not the fans that need to get real at this point.

Putting it in context he also spoke of the need to strengthen. He spoke about reaslism in terms of our aims for the season.

Or he's been told there will be no money available for any further strengthening and being the yes man that he is, is now proclaiming to be "pleased" that there is no or very little money available?

Caulkin's Twitter:

Chris never gives anything away. Perhaps it depends on definition of 'contact'. An official bid was rejected by fax last week and talks ongoing since then. Don't think there's anything to fret about yet.

Guest icemanblue

Does someone want to go and get Neesy off the Tyne Bridge and tell him the latest?

Nah, just leave him. It's for the best.

If we are finding Marsielle (sp?) difficult to work with, then I hope we move on to other targets, surely they have other irons in the fire, times ticking away, 20 days till the close of the window, and we are constantly told that these deals don't happen fast. We desperately need someone with quality to play just behind or off Carroll (assuming Carrol himself is up to the job, which I've got to admit I'm starting to doubt).

I've got to say my arse is starting to twitch, lets hope those that really matter are keeping their cool and have a plan that they can execute.

Ofcourse they're being difficult, we're(allegedly) trying to loan a player that they want to sell, and that has apparently got clubs offering the asking price. If we were in their shoes i wouldn't want to even think about such a deal.

Or he's been told there will be no money available for any further strengthening and being the yes man that he is, is now proclaiming to be "pleased" that there is no or very little money available?

I agree, if he had any balls he would walk out!

I've always been of the opinion that you should have the vast majority of your business done by the start of the season and the couple of weeks before the deadline should be exceptional circumstances like injury or a particular player who's not available for whatever reason. Get your players in, give them a pre-season to mix with their new colleagues and get them fit and then immediately get down to business. Can't stand our last minute attitude that we have every single summer and having to see "don't panic, there's ages yet" on here just annoys me more (especially when in the past players have got injured immediately because they've not had a proper pre-season).

We're not, and have never been, in a position where we could afford to throw away points in August because we couldn't be arsed to get players in on time.

I've always been of the opinion that you should have the vast majority of your business done by the start of the season and the couple of weeks before the deadline should be exceptional circumstances like injury or a particular player who's not available for whatever reason. Get your players in, give them a pre-season to mix with their new colleagues and get them fit and then immediately get down to business. Can't stand our last minute attitude that we have every single summer and having to see "don't panic, there's ages yet" on here just annoys me more (especially when in the past players have got injured immediately because they've not had a proper pre-season).

We're not, and have never been, in a position where we could afford to throw away points in August because we couldn't be arsed to get players in on time.

:sadnod:

I can't understand other teams having the same attitude. Transfer deadline day (yes, I shamefully admit I like watching it on SSN) is just 24 hours of a mad dash of all teams trying to rush players through medicals, pay abnormal fees because it's desperation and generally running around like lunatics.

It makes quite interesting watching, but it's not as if they've suddenly realised they need to strengthen. The window's been open since July 1st!