Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

So he starts off saying they wanted rid but situations change and clubs change their minds, he wants to speak to speak and try and reconcile. Then at the end hes saying he wants to flog him?

Make your mind up man!

hes making ashley and llambias look competent which is as damning a criticism as i can think of

Completely agree.  You have to fell a little sorry for the Marsaille supporters.

tells player he can leave on loan if certain conditions are met..situations change, player cant leave, player gets a strop on and tries to force move whilst still being under contract.

the only thing the marseilles boss has done wrong is not handed him over to us gratis it seems.

So he starts off saying they wanted rid but situations change and clubs change their minds, he wants to speak to speak and try and reconcile. Then at the end hes saying he wants to flog him?

Make your mind up man!

hes making ashley and llambias look competent which is as damning a criticism as i can think of

Completely agree.  You have to fell a little sorry for the Marsaille supporters.

tells player he can leave on loan if certain conditions are met..situations change, player cant leave, player gets a strop on and tries to force move whilst still being under contract.

the only thing the marseilles boss has done wrong is not handed him over to us gratis it seems.

So you believed Ferdinand was in the wrong and should have accepted the change of situation and not gone to Tottenham?

Give over.

Make your mind up man!

So you believed Ferdinand was in the wrong and should have accepted the change of situation and not gone to Tottenham?

Give over.

i dont think we could legally have stopped him. it was stated that we had to get permission to try to get him to stay. (i'd love to know the true in's and out's of that one really)

the situation is dassier is a moron who seems hopelessly out of his depth in his job

Not really.. I think he is looking after the interest of l'OM, not NUFC's, in the way you would expect him to tbh...

That would be fair comment if we hadn't agreed a deal which he renegade on. The agent himself has said they set conditions which we met, only for them to turn around and change the conditions.

Like we did with Milner a couple of seasons ago?

What has that got to do with anything?The difference in that deal was that we actually cancelled that deal as we wanted to keep the player, we didn't just up the price.

It's virtually the same man.. They have decided they can't afford to let him go, but if they have to (and it looks that way) they want rid permanently and to bring in a replacement. Wouldn't you?

The club received a bid for Milner and accepted it initially but decided in the end not to sell.  Marseille told Ben Arfa he should go, went out and found a club to get rid of him, agreed a deal and then decided to keep him.  You don't see a difference their?

The difference is we didn't alienate Milner.

the situation is dassier is a moron who seems hopelessly out of his depth in his job

Not really.. I think he is looking after the interest of l'OM, not NUFC's, in the way you would expect him to tbh...

That would be fair comment if we hadn't agreed a deal which he renegade on. The agent himself has said they set conditions which we met, only for them to turn around and change the conditions.

Like we did with Milner a couple of seasons ago?

What has that got to do with anything?The difference in that deal was that we actually cancelled that deal as we wanted to keep the player, we didn't just up the price.

Like we did with Dyer?

There we go, at least that example is actually an example. Mind you I don't know where I've said that we are some angelic club that would never do this to anyone.

My point is, they are being cocks and have got themselves into this mess, blaming us is stupid.

As for 'Unbelievable's point. I'm sure quotes attributed to his agent say that Deschamps told him to find a new club.

Boo f***ing boo.. The fact remains, if we want him, we still have to negotiate a deal that is acceptable to them, wouldn't you agree?

They're not blaming this on us btw..

Nobody's claimed that Marseille are obligated to sell Ben Arfa.  This discussion started from Kezman calling their president a moron, I have to agree with that.  The fact is they've handled this entire situation incredibly poorly.  That's why they've ended up with a player who's threatening to go on strike, yet their president is still acting like a total knob in the press.

So from what i understand, Deschamps prefered Niang to HBA and in doing so told HBA that he would be better off going elsewhere because his oppurtunities would be limited because they play the same role. So then Niang gets sold and all of a sudden Deschamps does a 180 and decides he now wants the services of HBA and doesnt want him to leave.

If these are the facts, HBA is well within his right to be pissed off.

Dassler is apparently an ex-journo, rather than a businessman, and I wonder if that's been a factor here. An experienced businessman might bluff and dig his heels in when he's in a weak position, and then settle when he's managed to force the best possible outcome for himself. Dassler has done it the opposite way - he gave in and then decided to get stroppy. It's now a matter of saving face, but even that is too late.

Not that Ben Arfa has behaved well, but that's another story.

So we can be assured he won't be playing tonight then?

he will be sitting hidden in the stands in a big coat(one gazza had got for moat) and will run on when no ones looking, ref will try and get him of but HBA will threaten to kill himself if he cant play for newcastle, ref gives him the ok and he scores the winner.

So from what i understand, Deschamps prefered Niang to HBA and in doing so told HBA that he would be better off going elsewhere because his oppurtunities would be limited because they play the same role. So then Niang gets sold and all of a sudden Deschamps does a 180 and decides he now wants the services of HBA and doesnt want him to leave.

Pissed off yes... To effectively go on strike? I don't think he is within his rights on that one..

Pissed off yes... To effectively go on strike? I don't think he is within his rights on that one..

No i completely agree with you there. He hasnt been very professional and has acted like a child. He is French after all...

This is what worries me if we get him, he has acted like this before and will do it again. However, if he plays a large role in keeping us up, i wont mind it too much.

No i completely agree with you there. He hasnt been very professional and has acted like a child. He is French after all...

This is what worries me if we get him, he has acted like this before and will do it again. However, if he plays a large role in keeping us up, i wont mind it too much.

It would seem to be the french way of doing things as reports today say that Insomnia has done the same to Wigan before the Blackpool game.

I think somehow, this whole thing might be related because I have heard that Marseille want Insomnia to replace Ben Arfa but Wigan are not playing ball regarding the fee.

Once Wigan relent, Ben Arfa will be on his way but it might take until the end of the month to sort out this sordid triangle.