Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I logged on blearly eyed this morning, scanned the thread list, expecting it to be top in bold, couldnt see it, scrolled down, still couldnt see it, checked again. I'm starting to think "Fuck, must have been locked after WB had their offer accepted..." Eventually found it, and with a better topic title than last time.

There's no real anything in that article.

As with pretty much everything to do with this whole transfer saga.

I'm pretty sure this will eventually either boil down to:

The official website stating: Newcastle United are pleased to announce Hatim Ben Arfa has joined on loan, with view to signing at the end of the season.

or

Him buggering off and being announced on another clubs website.

Then again with this Dassier t*** in charge of Marsielle, nowt is being done quietly.

Just readin the German newspapers this morning, there's nothing new in there, but one of them makes the point that the Bremen DoF has been pretty good at finding players on the cheap and selling them on for a profit, and HBA would fit this mold.

Auf Johan Micoud (2002 geholt aus Parma für null Euro, 2006 für 3 Mio, nach Bordeuax verkauft) folgten Diego (2006 geholt aus Porto für 6 Mio., 2009 für 24,5 Mio. an Juve abgegeben) und Özil (geholt 2008 für 4,5 Mio aus Schalke, jetzt für 18 Mio an Real vertickt).

Only moderately interesting really. But you know, anything to keep the thread on course for page 9000000000000000000...

Same old quotes again from Chris in the Journal saying he is hopeful of a couple of new signings.

The Journal also says we wont be signing Ben Arfa because of his wage demands.

Ah yes, Thomson house then to release the Ronnie Gill this afternoon stating something completely different.

Guest secteur2010

Time to knock this on the head or I can see a "Last transfer day" scenario of signing utter, utter gash and CH passing them off as "Good, solid, reliable players we've been looking at for a while", whilst they wheel out some complete and utter shite from other clubs' subs bench. And not CFC, Man U's or Arsenal's subs bench, neither.

IF this is going to happen, we've taken the absolute piss getting it sorted. Any other club would have just upped their offer straight away and got a simple yes or no. We fuck about for ages, denying everything, be stubborn cunts and end up with nothing. The annoying thing for me is that we havent even been linked with anyone else, so it looks like we've either put all our eggs in one basket with Ben Arfa, or were just inept as fuck.

IF this is going to happen, we've taken the absolute piss getting it sorted. Any other club would have just upped their offer straight away and got a simple yes or no. We fuck about for ages, denying everything, be stubborn cunts and end up with nothing. The annoying thing for me is that we havent even been linked with anyone else, so it looks like we've either put all our eggs in one basket with Ben Arfa, or were just inept as fuck.

Or, as they have specifically said they are going to do, they are not commenting on their targets, and the press don't have a clue.

Would "any other club" actually just up their offer as soon as the receiving club decided to move the goal posts either?