Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Moved down to Bournemouth last year, so watching Newcastle live has been somewhat of a rarity since then.

But I'm heading north next week and will be taking in the Blackpool match and hopefuly Ben Arfa's debut, can hardly wait.  :frantic:

Moved down to Bournemouth last year, so watching Newcastle live has been somewhat of a rarity since then.

But I'm heading north next week and will be taking in the Blackpool match and hopefuly Ben Arfa's debut, can hardly wait.  :frantic:

Get yourself along to Dean Court. AFCB could always do with the extra support with their constant money woes. Play some decent stuff under Eddie Howe too by all reports.

Get yourself along to Dean Court. AFCB could always do with the extra support with their constant money woes. Play some decent stuff under Eddie Howe too by all reports.

I've followed their recent relative success in the papers and on the news and have considered getting myself along, but I've never been one of those people who have a second club or anything like that.

Might still pop along one day just for the crack and to stand on a terrace again, been donkey's years since I did that.

I've followed their recent relative success in the papers and on the news and have considered getting myself along, but I've never been one of those people who have a second club or anything like that.

Might still pop along one day just for the crack and to stand on a terrace again, been donkey's years since I did that.

I wouldn't get your hopes up as its all seater. Don't blame you to be honest I only went a couple of times when I was down there for uni, not the most accessible ground either.

I wouldn't get your hopes up as its all seater. Don't blame you to be honest I only went a couple of times when I was down there for uni, not the most accessible ground either.

Hmm, seems you're right about that. Had to check as I could have sworn I'd seen terracing on the local news and the Football League Show for home games. Must have been away matches or else I'd been drinking too much.

Will be gone from here in around 6 months anyway, not long enough to form any kind of attachment to another club even if I tried. My next move will be permanant and will be to either Southampton or Glasgow both of which present their own problems. If I moved to Southampton there's no way on earth I could go and cheer a team on in red and white stripes, whilst Glasgow football is way too sectarian for my athiest soul.

Might have to pop along to Dean Court after all, while watching another team is still an option.

Hughton's management style will make a break him. It's helped Barton mature so hopefully it'll help him.

wouldn't be so sure it's been hughtons management style as a spell inside and growing up a bit.

He didn't seem particularly mature when he tried to kill Alonso and got into a fight with Shearer. I think giving the players a bit more power and responsibility has built an all for one and one for all attitude, players are more liable to feel like they're letting everyone down if they don't give 100% and keep their head.

Hmm, seems you're right about that. Had to check as I could have sworn I'd seen terracing on the local news and the Football League Show for home games. Must have been away matches or else I'd been drinking too much.

Will be gone from here in around 6 months anyway, not long enough to form any kind of attachment to another club even if I tried. My next move will be permanant and will be to either Southampton or Glasgow both of which present their own problems. If I moved to Southampton there's no way on earth I could go and cheer a team on in red and white stripes, whilst Glasgow football is way too sectarian for my athiest soul.

Might have to pop along to Dean Court after all, while watching another team is still an option.

Move to Glasgow and go cheer on St Mirren, black and whites too!

Well it's down to the company I work for so it's somewhat out of my hands. I'll get asked a preference but that's likely to be ignored.

St Mirren a good shout though. Playing in black and white and unlikely to ever win anything, it'll be like being back in Newcastle again! :lol:

"After seeing the skills of the players, I feel even more confident that the team can achieve success."  (One wonders who he was watching)  :undecided:

"After seeing the skills of the players, I feel even more confident that the team can achieve success."  (One wonders who he was watching)  :undecided:

Wasn't someone who said Ameobi was seriously good in training?  :lol:

Dunno, but I remember Souness said he had a wingspan of a Boeing 747 - great attribute to have in football.

This will be a brilliant signing for us, his attitude appears to be outstanding. He knows he's coming to a smaller club where he will most likely start every game yet he still trained and kept the fitness levels up while waiting for the move. A lot of players with his calibre would have just assumed they'd walk into the side and not bother staying in shape, i am very pleased he's not in that comfort zone and is desperate to play, it can only be good for us.

This will be a brilliant signing for us, his attitude appears to be outstanding. He knows he's coming to a smaller club where he will most likely start every game yet he still trained and kept the fitness levels up while waiting for the move. A lot of players with his calibre would have just assumed they'd walk into the side and not bother staying in shape, i am very pleased he's not in that comfort zone and is desperate to play, it can only be good for us.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Arfa coming here ignites his career, a mad player coming to a mad team.  A lot of people think the transfer might back-fire on both him and the club, my guess is that it will go the opposite way and that we've brought in an excellent player who will excel in this country.  The fans love good footballers and Ben Arfa seems to be a footballer who loves to be the focal point of a team.  I don't know what will be the best for him, coming off the bench to a standing ovation or leaving the pitch to one.  I think the crowd will give him a good reception which will give him the confidence to show us what he can do.

I’ve said it a few times now but I can’t wait for next weekend.