Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Makes sense I suppose, bloody Pardew and his mastery of the media!

I'm not so sure like, his main asset is his close control. What did Pardew mean then, when he said he was the one to open up defences with 'special moments'? Surely the scenario he just described is the exact thing he wants from him. The plot thickens I guess.

I like Pardew and the way he handles the media but I've got to be honest, what he's said there sounds like utter bullshit.

Makes no sense to me at all. When the opposition is sitting deep you need players like HBA who can operate in a small space, not players like Sammy who need lots of space to run into.

One hundred per cent correct Unbelievable. You need players who can work balls through tight space. Who picks a pass better in our team? Sammy? The kid who runs and runs but has yet to make a meaningful cross/shot/pass in a game? ... Cheers Pards, for talking shite

The was I interpret Pardews reasoning is that if Ben Arfa came on he would cut in a lot and play in the centre where it would be very congested, whereas someone like Sammy hogs the touchline therefore making the pitch wider and helping to allow more space in the centre for the rest of the team

The was I interpret Pardews reasoning is that if Ben Arfa came on he would cut in a lot and play in the centre where it would be very congested, whereas someone like Sammy hogs the touchline therefore making the pitch wider and helping to allow more space in the centre for the rest of the team

But Sammy was played on the right, and he's left footed so would have had to come in.

It's just a simple refusal to play him on the wing because he doesn't work hard enough. Very frustrating indeed.

I'd be furious not frustrated. Sammy and Haris showed something in training? Hatem's shown it on the pitch for years, comes back from injury and has some moments. Haris and Sammy have changed no games for us..... I'm sick of harping on about it but it's my number one gripe with both Pardew and the current set up

He's had 3 or 4 "moments" in what, 7 appearances this season? I know in theory Ben Arfa should be a cut above Obertan and Best, but he's obviously not doing it in training if Harris and Sammy are ahead of him in the pecking order. Don't really see how anyone can argue with that if they haven't watched him every day in training like Pardew and Carver do.

And also, what really boils my p*ss with everyone's criticism of Obertan is that he had 3 or 4 "moments" against Swansea alone, but everyone still clamours for him to be replaced.

He's obviously not ready yet.

I don't watch any of the players in training, I do watch them during the match where it counts and Obertan isn't performing. If Pardew thinks training is more important than a match then he's a moron.

In that case, Sammy for Obertan is a like for like replacement persisting with the tactics that clearly weren't working in the second half, while it was clear for all and sundry we needed to try something different in order to break the deadlock.. Still doesn't make sense..

Should start at the expense of Best. Understand that Pardew sees him as a number 10, but he is more than capable of playing on the wing.

Would still like to see Jonas on the right covering Simpson (I don't feel Santon needs as much protection as Simpson) with Ben Arfa on the left - if Pards want to play 4-4-2.

You'd think he'd have learned his lesson after the whole Tevez debacle. SBR stressed time and time again that one of the jobs of the managers is to bring the best out of troubled footballers. It's no surprise that the best managers in the world manage to do this, while the ones who fall by the wayside are guilty of having no idea how to deal with prodigious talent.

Reminds me of Souness and his Robert excuses.

His excuse of bringing on the two ameobis is pathetic and highlights where he lacks tactically: expecting Sammy to put a cross in so Shola can rise above a center half to head home. Traditional, anyone? Hardly modern footie. And the funniest thing is, we were trying that all fucking game!

His excuse of bringing on the two ameobis is pathetic and highlights where he lacks tactically: expecting Sammy to put a cross in so Shola can rise above a center half to head home. Traditional, anyone? Hardly modern footie. And the funniest thing is, we were trying that all fucking game!

Fan favourites...

Fan favourites...

Shola a fan favourite. :lol:

It's not even that complex. It was 2 v 6/7 in the box everytime. Just counting bodies should tell you it needs changing. An AM in the hole makes the two lines of four unsure and causes confusion.

Fan favourites...

Shola a fan favourite. :lol:

Local lads, always give their all, represent themselves well in the community. Model pros, the pair of them.

Shame they're shite.