Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Feel like I've lost a bit of love for the game after today. From the Ben Arfa injury to the two bad decisions that cost us the game. Essentially the worst case scenario you could possibly imagine all in one game of football.

I feel the same. We were basically forced to eat the biggest shit sandwich we've had to eat since relegation, today. The thought of six plus months without Ben Arfa is a killer.

Feel like I've lost a bit of love for the game after today. From the Ben Arfa injury to the two bad decisions that cost us the game. Essentially the worst case scenario you could possibly imagine all in one game of football.

I feel the same. We were basically forced to eat the biggest shit sandwich we've had to eat since relegation, today. The thought of six plus months without Ben Arfa is a killer.

I think it's also to do with the fact Ben Arfa made me feel like I did when I was a kid and couldn't wait for the weekend to watch my favourite player(s) play football. It's been lost for me since the Sir Bobby days, but Ben Arfa brought the feeling back. I just couldn't wait for the weekend to come so I could watch him play. :(

Shit I actually just remembered this.

I played Man City - Newcastle yesterday as my first game on FIFA11.

Ben Arfa went off injured after about 10 minutes of the game. I quit and started again out of frustration, if only we could have done that today...

Aye, the spark was just coming back like. The thought of a team that could hold their own against the big boys and unpredictable players that could be brilliant on their day.

I feel like I've been suckerpunched. Although it sounds stupid, it feels like the season's over already :(

Been away for the weekend... just devastated about this..

Where will this leave us on signing him, no way he plays the 25 games now..

Poor poor lad... its a disgrace the cunt will get away this too

Strangely me too, just one of them games where i've genuinly felt like shite afterwards. Life was great in the championship...

Strangely me too, just one of them games where i've genuinly felt like s**** afterwards. Life was great in the championship...

Definitely this. Everything about today left me completely deflated. Just as bad as Villa for me.

Guest Heneage

I find it more confusing that sections of Sunderland fans are reveling in this all. The lad has broke his leg, I have never and will never cheer any player getting horrifically injured.

Finding it very hard to accept this. Just hope to god that we somehow manage to get him back onto the pitch again and sign him come the end of the season. Like someone said earlier in the thread; I haven't looked forward this much to the weekends since Sir Bobby's days - and this lad is the reason. His performance at Everton honestly made me dream about what he could do for us. I'd just hate it if this is all we'll get to see from him.

Ben Arfa went off injured after about 10 minutes of the game. I quit and started again out of frustration, if only we could have done that today...

I'm glad someones bringing a sense of realism and common sense to this thread.

I'm glad someones bringing a sense of realism and common sense to this thread.

:lol:

Strangely me too, just one of them games where i've genuinly felt like shite afterwards. Life was great in the championship...

I genuinely have a "what was the point?" attitude today. The transfer saga was stressful, we had the jubilation of getting him, the pre-match anticipation of seeing him play, the joy of seeing his performance at Everton and the general happiness of knowing that a world class player played for my team. All that emotion ultimately went to waste, because he managed little over 3 matches. I just feel like any time I raise my hopes about football, something puts paid to that. We're due some serious luck!

If he's really back in February, he'll probably see 7-8 more games. If he plays well Hughton can hopefully force through the transfer even without the 25 games forcing Ashley to pay up.

http://www.wholesalebarsupplies.com/images/fat-straws.jpg

I just hope he's the same player after this regardless of whether it's with us or not.

Agreed, I still hope that he has a quick recovery and we're able to watch him play for us again.