Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/8333776.Closing_in_on_Ben_Arfa_deal/

I think this is more belivable then the chronicle s***

Imagine if he turns up at old trafford tonight

Real quotes!!!!

:frantic:

???

Weren't you on over the weekend? Take a look at the OP.

This one is new isn't it..?

Ben Arfa said: “Newcastle have committed themselves to give Marseille what they were asking for, which is a loan with an option to buy me.”

Mind, don't know where they got that quote from..?

From the Youtube clip he seems to be able to beat players for fun. Would absolutely transform our midfield if he signs. I don't think we've got anyone like that in our squad.

Yep. If the rumours are true it seems Hughton wants to make him the creative fulcrum of the team, very promising in this case that he sees exactly what we are lacking.

In terms of the player's ability, he looks exactly what we need. In terms of his attitude, he looks exactly what we don't need.

At the end of the day, I think the players will be prepared to put up with his arsiness, providing he delivers on the pitch, as with Bellamy. If he's lazy, only plays when he has possession, and doesn't release the ball until he's tried to do something flash, then there'll be trouble.

4-5m is an outrageous price and I've hardly even seen the f***er play. If you're young and British you can have ten good games in the Championship and be worth that. Just pay them the f***ing money, at least if the lad starts being a dick again we'll get at least that money back for him.

Exactly, in todays market this price is crazy, not surprised that our hierarchy won't be willing to stump up the cash though as they have repeatedly shown they have no knowledge of football or the ability to make the correct decisions for themselves or us.

Our hierachy? How about all the other clubs out there who haven't moved for him either at this price? At least we are trying to get him, while a lot of other clubs don't appear to be. Chill out.

I'm chilled to the bone Kaka. If the club is going to be as chilled out as me though then we will get relegated again. Chill guys no one else is in for him so it's all cool! Well what if someone else does come in for him Kaka?>!?! WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO DO THEN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Look how stressed you have made me.

Nope, it's in the same L'Equipe interview.

Ah right... That's definitely good news for us then, much like a one year trial and if all parties are happy to carry on after that than there is that possibility. I would applaud Ashley & co for once if that came off.

4-5m is an outrageous price and I've hardly even seen the f***er play. If you're young and British you can have ten good games in the Championship and be worth that. Just pay them the f***ing money, at least if the lad starts being a dick again we'll get at least that money back for him.

Exactly, in todays market this price is crazy, not surprised that our hierarchy won't be willing to stump up the cash though as they have repeatedly shown they have no knowledge of football or the ability to make the correct decisions for themselves or us.

Our hierachy? How about all the other clubs out there who haven't moved for him either at this price? At least we are trying to get him, while a lot of other clubs don't appear to be. Chill out.

I'm chilled to the bone Kaka. If the club is going to be as chilled out as me though then we will get relegated again. Chill guys no one else is in for him so it's all cool! Well what if someone else does come in for him Kaka?>!?! WHAT THE f*** ARE WE GOING TO DO THEN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Look how stressed you have made me.

:lol:

Guy from the Echo on Twitter reckons he's gone back. Dunno if that's him just trying to back up the article posted earlier.

I'm confused at how these guys become journalists when everyone on here could have told him that two days ago :)

Me too, basically they now just report what another newspaper/website has already said and that's a 'source'.

In the case of the BBC, they even interview and quote their own colleagues! It's mental man, I tell thee.

Guy from the Echo on Twitter reckons he's gone back. Dunno if that's him just trying to back up the article posted earlier.

I'm confused at how these guys become journalists when everyone on here could have told him that two days ago :)

They only spend half a day going through all the French newspapers and football related forums. We pros here do it 24/7.

if we haven't got £4m then we can't pay Marseille £4m no matter how good a deal it maybe.

we have got 4M, ashley is trying to claw back his losses this season

No we haven't, we haven't got a pot to piss in,  we are skint and still got a huge wage bill to pay for.  We wouldn't be scraping around looking at loans and freebies if we money in the bank. 

Really good player, who actually wants to join us! If this doesn't happen, it just shows that this club is going absolutely nowhere with no ambition.

I totally sympathise with the sentiment, but I don't think that's necessarily true - a case could be made for the club being financially responsible in this instance.

Having said that, I'm not intimately familiar with the true state of the club's finances so it is entirely possible that the club is just being tight. ;)

if we haven't got £4m then we can't pay Marseille £4m no matter how good a deal it maybe.

No we haven't, we haven't got a pot to piss in,  we are skint and still got a huge wage bill to pay for.   We wouldn't be scraping around looking at loans and freebies if we money in the bank. 

Because he's a multi millionaire tight arse?

No we haven't, we haven't got a pot to piss in,  we are skint and still got a huge wage bill to pay for.   We wouldn't be scraping around looking at loans and freebies if we money in the bank. 

Which is why it's imperative that we survive. We aren't going to do that with the current playing staff.

Guest neesy111

Which is why it's imperative that we survive. We aren't going to do that with the current playing staff.

remember our income get's an extra 40M+ this season, so to say we're skint isn't exactly true!

remember our income get's an extra 40M+ this season, so to say we're skint isn't exactly true!

yes and that £40m will be going into the clubs coffers to cover the aforementioned wage bill and costs,  i'm sure Ashley will be wanting to use that and other income the club can generate in the PL so he doesn't have to put another £20m in to keep us going again.

This isn't some kind of defence of Ashley and i'd love us to just sign the lad but if the club hasn't got the money then we haven't got it, simple as.  We aren't in the Shepherd era anymore and Ashley isn't going to spend money if it puts us further in debt.