Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/wesley-der-weg-nach-bremen-scheint_article11427.html

And this site is quoting a Brazilian paper saying the long-running transfer saga is close to an agreement between Santos, Werder Bremen & Wesley.

Now of course they might go and sign both, but can't do us any harm whatsoever if they get this Brazilian kid wrapped up quickly.

New quotes from the Werder Bremen president. Any fluent German speakers?

http://www.welt.de/aktuell/article9070479/Frings-tritt-gegen-Oezil-nach-Mourinho-laestert-ueber-Werder.html

Using Google Translator it says something like in Wesley the Brazilian, they already have a replacement lined up, with quotes along the lines of "We've been in talks several weeks but we have to be patient".

Ben Arfa isn't mentioned at all in that article.

They don't want to buy a replacement for Özil (Wesley would have been bought anyway) because they have enough players to replace him with Marin and Hunt.

This thread will never die. It'll live on along side cockroaches when the world blows itself up.

It's like a fart that won't go away!, I'm actually sick of the amount of twists in the tale.I'm still holding out for werder bremen talk is just putting 2 and 2 together to make a story because they were previously interested. :(

New quotes from the Werder Bremen president. Any fluent German speakers?

http://www.welt.de/aktuell/article9070479/Frings-tritt-gegen-Oezil-nach-Mourinho-laestert-ueber-Werder.html

Using Google Translator it says something like in Wesley the Brazilian, they already have a replacement lined up, with quotes along the lines of "We've been in talks several weeks but we have to be patient".

Ben Arfa isn't mentioned at all in that article.

They don't want to buy a replacement for Özil (Wesley would have been bought anyway) because they have enough players to replace him with Marin and Hunt.

:clap2:

Here's hoping they get this lad then.

Imagine the reaction of the Marseille chairman if it does happen and he has to come back to us cap in hand for £800k. :lol:

My thinking is that the Wesley agreements have taken a long time (first interest was back in June) and they have sniffed at Bafra just incase Wesley's demands got too ridiculous. Bafra won't go unless he is a guarnteed starter (which is why he likes us), with the competion he would have there I personally can't see him getting assurances he's looking for. Bafra is keenly aware (being on the fringes of the national side) that this move must if anything gurarantee lots of shop window footie).

There is still hope IMO, but we're really leaving it to chance now. If anything his tantrum has scared off a lot of clubs, which has uptill now worked in our favour.

To be honest though, if they were going to get Wesley whether Ozil went or not, they might decide to spend the money on a direct replacement.

Don't think they'll buy a direct replacement for Özil.

They have enough players in that position. And as their sporting director said, they don't want to buy a direct replacement, but want to do it more like they did it when Diego went to Juventus, to work with the players they had.

To be honest though, if they were going to get Wesley whether Ozil went or not, they might decide to spend the money on a direct replacement.

But Parky says NO

They have a surfeit of high quality mifielders and I'm hoping won't be able to give Bafra the assurances of first team football he is clearly looking for. It was the key reason he left OM, apart from the fact DD is an arsepiece.

Heres my 2 penneth

Ben Arfa won't get the guarenteed 1st team place that he desperatly craves at Bremen

OM will try to hawk him around other clubs for a bit longer before caving in and letting him sign on loan for Newcastle

Deschamp will struggle to turn around OM poor start to the season and will be out of work by Christmas

CH will also hit a dodgy spell around Jan and will also be on the 'rock and roll'

Ashley will rake out his dog eared book of football contacts and finally decide that the best man to keep us up will be none other than Deschamp

You heard it here first