Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Scott Wilson says deal is loan to purchase after 25 games played w/ fee of around £5m.

That's a ludicrous price for a full international who will clearly have done well if he's played 25 games and kept us up. I'll wait for confirmation (and the end of the transfer window) before praising the board but it looks a cracking deal.

alternativly its a ludicrous price for a player who walked out on his previous club  to secure an 11mill euro move and his current (?) club are prerpared to lose half of that to be rid ?

go figure....if he does come in on a sign on permanent later deal i'd like to know how binding it is towards him AND us ?

Comes down to whether you trust Hughton to be able to handle him. He's trouble, of that there's no doubt.

Assuming Hughton has a say in transfers (:shifty:) he clearly believes he can tame him. Hopefully a positive of this circus is that the player is no longer quite so highly-rated as when he was younger and wants to prove himself in this league.

alternativly we have a deal which we have little intention of fulfilling at the end of the season and the player has reason to behave himself as he is "in the shop window".

Equally positive for NUFC tbh, if he does the business.

true.

#Ben Arfa deal FINALLY done. At last. #nufc #Newcastle.

less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

From isaacJLJ

oooOOOooo

WHERE'S THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!!!   :frantic:

3 days after his debut.

Ben Arfa is definitely one hell of a handful, much like Bellamy in a way.. but if the right manager is there then he'll play his heart out for the team.

End of the day, lets say that he plays 24 games, almost single handedly keeps us up but throws a strop and goes to Manchester United or wherever.. it'll be a kick in the balls, but the first and most important job will have been done.. to survive. Whatever happens after that is a little bit irrelevant until we get there.

.com eating humble pie :)

Catching various people out - including us - the young overseas player that turned up at Darsley Park with his agent on Friday wasn't Hatem Ben Arfa, although he is believed to be on Tyneside ahead of his move to United.

Where else was that photo published? :lol:

Guest DPO1981

Dont shoot the messenger but a source on nufcblog.com has just posted this and he is regarding as the most reliable person on there. informed of gosling, perch and sol well before official as all stayed where he works and he has just posted the below:

craigcoozy  // Aug 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM

gui assulin,, ben arfa,, robbie keane and boyatta were all in newcastle today, confirmation expected on tuesday when assulin is expected to get his work permit + robbie keane loan confirmed at same time. arfa will be unveiled tomoz after the wolves game but i have been with him tonite. so i will be back again in a bit as i am actually with the arfa party at the mo i have got a shirt signed by him and photos of me with him. i wll get them uploaded as soon as i get home. should be leaving here within the next hr so catch yous again asap, sorry i have to run again but its not often you get a chance like this

fingers crossed on all of those!

Guest Heneage

.com eating humble pie :)

Catching various people out - including us - the young overseas player that turned up at Darsley Park with his agent on Friday wasn't Hatem Ben Arfa, although he is believed to be on Tyneside ahead of his move to United.

Where else was that photo published? :lol:

I thought that last night it said he was flying to London to finalise the deal?

Dont shoot the messenger but a source on nufcblog.com has just posted this and he is regarding as the most reliable person on there. informed of gosling, perch and sol well before official as all stayed where he works and he has just posted the below:

gui assulin,, ben arfa,, robbie keane and boyatta were all in newcastle today, confirmation expected on tuesday when assulin is expected to get his work permit + robbie keane loan confirmed at same time. arfa will be unveiled tomoz after the wolves game but i have been with him tonite. so i will be back again in a bit as i am actually with the arfa party at the mo i have got a shirt signed by him and photos of me with him. i wll get them uploaded as soon as i get home. should be leaving here within the next hr so catch yous again asap, sorry i have to run again but its not often you get a chance like this

*Shoots you*

Scott Wilson says deal is loan to purchase after 25 games played w/ fee of around £5m.

That's a ludicrous price for a full international who will clearly have done well if he's played 25 games and kept us up. I'll wait for confirmation (and the end of the transfer window) before praising the board but it looks a cracking deal.

alternativly its a ludicrous price for a player who walked out on his previous club  to secure an 11mill euro move and his current (?) club are prerpared to lose half of that to be rid ?

go figure....if he does come in on a sign on permanent later deal i'd like to know how binding it is towards him AND us ?

Comes down to whether you trust Hughton to be able to handle him. He's trouble, of that there's no doubt.

Assuming Hughton has a say in transfers (:shifty:) he clearly believes he can tame him. Hopefully a positive of this circus is that the player is no longer quite so highly-rated as when he was younger and wants to prove himself in this league.

Didn't the HBA/Marseille situation start when MRS said that he should leave and find a new club.  Can't really blame him for not feeling wanted/appreciated and all warm n fuzzy about MRS.

It's like telling your lass to sling her hook because you're about to hook up with a new one that's prettier and has bigger boobs, and then wonder why she won't stay when the new girl falls through.

I wont shoot...but.... :mackems:

Guest DPO1981

ive just spent half the night going around different sites for info but apparently this person who posted about the players is pretty genuine although ive got nowt to prove what he says. i can live in hope though!

Can we take a kid who types "tomoz" & " tonite" as a serious source?

Well I was just standing here, and people said Ben Arfa arrived at the training ground. I asked myself why isn't Ben Arfa official yet? Nobody has no answers, and so I pull out my gun! Tell me why Ben Arfa isn't official yet or else I'm going to shoot someone!

:lol:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/bH84dnd7TqM/0.jpg

Asolutely not, just file it under ITK bollocks.

why not makes a change

Didn't the HBA/Marseille situation start when MRS said that he should leave and find a new club.  Can't really blame him for not feeling wanted/appreciated and all warm n fuzzy about MRS.

It's like telling your lass to sling her hook because you're about to hook up with a new one that's prettier and has bigger boobs, and then wonder why she won't stay when the new girl falls through.

no its not, its like your employer saying times are tight and you may have to go then saying "hey we've got a new order. if you want to leave you'll have to put your notice in"