Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Unfortunately, Nolan is getting into good positions and looks capable of scoring, regardless of what else he's doing on the pitch, so he has as much a shout to remain in the team as most of our other players. I think a few have mentioned before, but Nolan is a striker. He's not an attacking mid, and he has a knack for getting into decent positions and scoring at the moment.

I can certainly understand Hughtons reluctance to drop him.

We'll probably need to be a little patient with bedding both Ben Arfa and Tiote into the team, as the rest of the players are earning their shirts at the moment.

I think he contributes to the play, just not in the most obvious of ways.

He isn't brilliant by any means, but he communicates well and by having the knack of being in the right place at the right time he either scores or creates space for others to press on. He scores fairly frequently for us too, may I add.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nolan whatever you say about him, and i am one of his worst critics, gets into decent scoring positions.

Yesterday aside, he is a very good finisher, with a great attribute of not panicing when he gets into good positions. I can quite easily see Nolan getting 10 goals this year, but he needs to improve his overall game, and have a more significant contribution

I think people need to not judge him from youtube vids. Anyone remember Albert Luque's youtube highlights?

The big difference is Luque didn't really want to be here, Ben Arfa definitely does want to be here.

Does he? Or does he just NOT want to be in Marseille and we happened to be the main club interested?

Obviously he didn't want to stay at Marseille and we were his favoured destination out of the interested clubs, hence he wants to be here..  You don't fly to another country to a club that your club hasn't even agreed a deal with because you don't want to be there.

The big difference between that and Luque, is that allegedly he didn't want to leave Depor, but made the decision to go when Shepherd gave him an absolutely ludicrous wage offer that he just couldn't refuse.  I always tried my absolute best to give Luque a chance, but it seems he really had no desire to play here.

I think he'll start out as an impact sub for a while. May not be wise to have him slot in immediately for Nolan/Jonas/Routledge in the team.

Tiote, on the other hand, should be a fairly immediate replacement for Smith.

I'm surprised about the amount of stick Nolan gets tbh.

Try imagining him in a top team and see how it would work. Imagine Arsenal or Man U for example with Nolan instead of Fabregas or Rooney.

Guest MrBrown

Try imagining him in a top team and see how it would work. Imagine Arsenal or Man U for example with Nolan instead of Fabregas or Rooney.

We're not Manchester United or Arsenal. :lol:

I'm not really a fan of Nolan but what the hell is the point in that post :lol:

Is there a press conference tomorrow for him?

Sure some of the journos thought there would be on Friday

Tuesday surely?!? The only reason I stand out there in my trackys, mugging the Sky cameras, is as an excuse to miss the social workers visits. You'll not get me down there on me holipops.

:booze:

Guest westamfan

well done on a great signing. ben arfa will be a good player.

you need another classy front man, roque santa cruz on loan?

good to see you guys back.

I'm not really a fan of Nolan but what the hell is the point in that post :lol:

:lol:

for fuck sake, give it a rest  :facepalm:

well done on a great signing. ben arfa will be a good player.

you need another classy front man, roque santa cruz on loan?

good to see you guys back.

Thanks westamfan, good to be back. :thup:

/can't see us getting anyone else in. Just hope we don't lose anyone decent now.

Was critical to Nolan all last season and the Manure game. But funny enough I chance my mined a bit. Nolan does´t contribute to the game in especially much, but he does get in to scoring positions better than most forwards and do score goals.

I definitely think that Ben Arfa should play as a attacking player and I do think that Nolan should be considered as a striker and not a midfielder. But as long as we plays 4-5-1 and Carroll is playing I really dont know were to play him. still I would like to see him on the field.

This would have been so much better if we had signed him right at the very end of the transfer window.

Not really our fault, but reckon we'd have 2 more points.

eh ?

Could have sworn he said start.

I'm surprised you're surprised tbh. He's awful in that role, just has a habit of being in the 'right place' at, yes, the right time. He contributes so little to the play that it kills some of my brain cells.

he is not aweful I dont see why ppl hates him he is a nucles of Chris plan he will be he in the team no matter one. he is the capitan of this side. HBA will fight it out against Jonas and Rout.  Smith Tiote Barton and Gutheri will fight for the two postion. Nolan with out injury he will be in one of the first in the team sheet.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Nolan has been dreadful in all three games, especially yesterday. If it is true that Hughton has told Ben Arfa he can have the free role as the playmaker, Nolan would have to be the one sacrificed and he could have no complaints on current form.

What about something like this?

Barton

Routledge                        Jonas

Ben Arfa  Nolan

Carroll

Assuming that Tiote doesn't walk right into the squad.

What about something like this?

Barton

Routledge                         Jonas

Ben Arfa   Nolan

Carroll

Assuming that Tiote doesn't walk right into the squad.

It looks sexy but it's far too attacking.