Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope the club sticks with him, just to show we are decent club and would show to Ben Arfa that we take care of our own, even more incentive to want to stay and play for us because I still think he will be a cracking player for us in the long run.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The earliest we could possibly see him is February, any longer than that and I cannot see us keeping him here-

I hope the club sticks with him, just to show we are decent club and would show to Ben Arfa that we take care of our own, even more incentive to want to stay and play for us because I still think he will be a cracking player for us in the long run.

Like we did Owen.

I know what you mean but in our position  we can't afford to stick by a player we can't play. I do think we will have to for this season anyway, can't see Marseilles taking him back and accepting his £50k wages back on their books.

I right kick in the bollocks, that.

I'm gutted for us and gutted for ben arfa. He has talent and creativity oozing out of his arse, the one thing we've lacked for years. Coming back from an injury like that can often be mentally very difficult, so even if he heals 100% he still may never be the same. Here's hoping he get back to the level he was at and become the player he was meant to be. Whether it's for us or somebody else.

Guest andrew

if it's a tib and fib, or even less than that, he may not come back the same player. He will lose a bit of pace, I'd imagine for sure

Like we did Owen.

I know what you mean but in our position  we can't afford to stick by a player we can't play. I do think we will have to for this season anyway, can't see Marseilles taking him back and accepting his £50k wages back on their books.

Yes but Owen was coming to an end of his career, Ben Arfa is only just beginning his.

I think my biggest pet peeve is hearing shit from commentators like "Welcome to England, son" after a shit tackle/challenge. As though both A) every reckless clattering is a prime example of English football and B) every johnny foreigner is a theatrical diving poof. They'd probably be telling him "walk it off lad, you'll see worse than that in this league" if de Jong had pulled out a pistol and shot him.

Really sad to hear and see this though. Hope it's not really career threatening.

I'm starting to get over it. Signing Ben Arfa was always a huge bonus, none of us expected it to happen and he's certainly much too good to be playing at a team of our stature.

Take him out of the equation and we lose something special, but we've still got one of the better sides out of the survival-chasers. We can stay up with what we have.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm starting to get over it. Signing Ben Arfa was always a huge bonus, none of us expected it to happen and he's certainly much too good to be playing at a team of our stature.

Take him out of the equation and we lose something special, but we've still got one of the better sides out of the survival-chasers. We can stay up with what we have.

This, unfortunately.

Although it's a huge blow, I think we can scrape above the relegation zone with what we've got.

The effect on the team isn't quite what i'm pissed off about.

lets just delete this thread and pretend this whole transfer never happened.

seriously though cant remember being this gutted about losing a player to injury for a very long time.