Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ahhh my BEN ARFA 37 shirt I bought ONE WEEK before the man city game fits better now :D

Shame he'll be #10 next season.

We'll have a new shirt next season and I can claim to be old school.

The bad mother fucker who knew ben arfa would sting.

Wasn't expecting this; good news! I don't think it's particularly high-risk... £5m would have been about my limit given the severity of his injury. Damien Duff cost £5m.

Astonished he's up for it, tbh. At the very least i'd have expected some assurances on survival before putting pen to paper. Fair play to the guy, Newcastle's obviously made a very decent impression on him.

They'll be in his contract, almost certainly.

Aye, was just thinking that. He'll have some sort of worst case scenario relegation release clause.

No way will they give him a release clause.  Maybe a fixed fee he can leave for if we're relegated.

Isn't that what a release clause is? :lol:

A release clause normally means the player is automatically released from his contract on relegation.

I'm sure it isn't. You hear people say "Oh yeah, blah blah has a £5m release clause if Wigan get relegated" etc. etc. Why would any team put a clause in their players' contract that said they'd go for nowt if they got relegated?

Some more twitter feed:

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

And while I've been here, #NUFC have finalised the signing of Ben Arfa for £5m according to George Caulkin, so I want to look like I'm in the loop as well by posting it and making it look like I know what's going on

Wish it was confirmed by the club before the papers got a hold of it. There's always a chance someone will come in seeing the bargain we're getting.

There's no way he'd sign for anyone else. He fucking went on strike to come here man, and after the reception he's gotten, there's no doubt in my mind that he wants to stay and return the favour.

Fucking brilliant piece of business if we get this lad for £5m. In all honesty, it would be cracking business to get him for twice that. Over the fucking moon if this comes off.

This will be Ashley's signature signing. He probably knows it as well which is why he's pushed the boat out on this one. Fair play if it goes through, at least it's worth milking this one.

Probably why we signed him on loan first, to take the credit twice.

Some more twitter feed:

And while I've been here, #NUFC have finalised the signing of Ben Arfa for £5m according to George Caulkin, so I want to look like I'm in the loop as well by posting it and making it look like I know what's going on

Most likely like, or Lambias sent out a group text.

Wish it was confirmed by the club before the papers got a hold of it. There's always a chance someone will come in seeing the bargain we're getting.

There's no way he'd sign for anyone else. He f***ing went on strike to come here man, and after the reception he's gotten, there's no doubt in my mind that he wants to stay and return the favour.

f***ing brilliant piece of business if we get this lad for £5m. In all honesty, it would be cracking business to get him for twice that. Over the f***ing moon if this comes off.

Aye, he'd look like a fucking idiot if he went on strike, flew over here by his own accord, did everything possible to sign for us, played brilliantly in his first start, won over the fans, broke his leg and then signed for Liverpool :lol:

Some more twitter feed:

Most likely like, or Lambias sent out a group text.

:lol:

"Ben is goin 2 sign nxt week. 5 mil. Only telling youz. LOL xx"

Wasn't expecting this; good news! I don't think it's particularly high-risk... £5m would have been about my limit given the severity of his injury. Damien Duff cost £5m.

Astonished he's up for it, tbh. At the very least i'd have expected some assurances on survival before putting pen to paper. Fair play to the guy, Newcastle's obviously made a very decent impression on him.

They'll be in his contract, almost certainly.

Aye, was just thinking that. He'll have some sort of worst case scenario relegation release clause.

No way will they give him a release clause.  Maybe a fixed fee he can leave for if we're relegated.

Isn't that what a release clause is? :lol:

A release clause normally means the player is automatically released from his contract on relegation.

I'm sure it isn't. You hear people say "Oh yeah, blah blah has a £5m release clause if Wigan get relegated" etc. etc. Why would any team put a clause in their players' contract that said they'd go for nowt if they got relegated?

I can see a club wanting to do it for an older player on big wages (ones unaffordable in a lower division).  Other then that it would be at the request of the player, and clubs agree to some crazy things if they want a player badly enough.  I'm sure some players have had basic release clauses in the past, as in no fee, just an automatic release from their contract on relegation, can't remember a specific case though.

Since you mentioned no fee I assumed you meant a release clause without one, just a misunderstanding.

There's no way he'd sign for anyone else. He f***ing went on strike to come here man, and after the reception he's gotten, there's no doubt in my mind that he wants to stay and return the favour.

f***ing brilliant piece of business if we get this lad for £5m. In all honesty, it would be cracking business to get him for twice that. Over the f***ing moon if this comes off.

Aye, he'd look like a f***ing idiot if he went on strike, flew over here by his own accord, did everything possible to sign for us, played brilliantly in his first start, won over the fans, broke his leg and then signed for Liverpool :lol:

Don't see how the liverpool link comes about anyway,  when the loan was set up the deal included NUFC having first refusal on him to sign permanently or after 25 games.  Obviously with the injury he was never going to play the 25 games so rather than risk anything going tits up at the end of the season and other teams possibly trying for him we are right to snap him up now.

This will be Ashley's signature signing. He probably knows it as well which is why he's pushed the boat out on this one. Fair play if it goes through, at least it's worth milking this one.

Probably why we signed him on loan first, to take the credit twice.

If he signs more players of this quality he could rename the Leazes end to the Llambias Stand for all I care.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Is this a real bargain? I remember that when we signed him everybody (even here) was pretty cautious, cause he's talented but also completely moody, and the few games he could play for us proved it.

Now, he got a broken leg, we sign him BEFORE he fully recovers and he suddenly becomes a bargain?

Of course for 5m I would sign him as well, but I think it's way too soon to celebrate anyway...

Is this a real bargain? I remember that when we signed him everybody (even here) was pretty cautious, cause he's talented but also completely moody, and the few games he could play for us proved it.

Now, he got a broken leg, we sign him BEFORE he fully recovers and he suddenly becomes a bargain?

Of course for 5m I would sign him as well, but I think it's way too soon to celebrate anyway...

what sort of bargain would you prefer?

Fair comment.