Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wasn't expecting this; good news! I don't think it's particularly high-risk... £5m would have been about my limit given the severity of his injury. Damien Duff cost £5m.

Astonished he's up for it, tbh. At the very least i'd have expected he'd want some assurances on survival before putting pen to paper. Fair play to the guy, Newcastle's obviously made a very decent impression on him.

Wasn't expecting this; good news! I don't think it's particularly high-risk... £5m would have been about my limit given the severity of his injury. Damien Duff cost £5m.

Astonished he's up for it, tbh. At the very least i'd have expected some assurances on survival before putting pen to paper. Fair play to the guy, Newcastle's obviously made a very decent impression on him.

They'll be in his contract, almost certainly.

Astonished he's up for it, tbh. At the very least i'd have expected some assurances on survival before putting pen to paper. Fair play to the guy, Newcastle's obviously made a very decent impression on him.

They'll be in his contract, almost certainly.

Aye, was just thinking that. He'll have some sort of worst case scenario relegation release clause.

Even if it doesn't work out for the lad here another club would give you £5m for him in a year or two. Virtually zero risk in that respect.

I think he's made for the PL personally and it's a cracking signing. :)

Guest Tall Striker

@CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Ben Arfa signing will be confirmed at start of next week. Due to return to training at start of Feb.

If he needs as much light training as Gosling did after his injury then we could catch a glimpse of HBA by October.

Astonished he's up for it, tbh. At the very least i'd have expected he'd want some assurances on survival before putting pen to paper. Fair play to the guy, Newcastle's obviously made a very decent impression on him.

He loves the fans. All the get well soon cards clearly had an effect on him.

Watched the compilation of him against Everton the other day again. Phenomenal.

Spot on.

Let's hope when he returns he's the exact same player as he was before.

I know we only saw brief glimpses of him, but I honestly believe that the Ben Arfa we signed is the most gifted player we've signed since Ginola.

Spot on.

Let's hope when he returns he's the exact same player as he was before.

I know we only saw brief glimpses of him, but I honestly believe that the Ben Arfa we signed is the most gifted player we've signed since Ginola.

His was certainly the best debut i've ever seen for us. That performance at Everton was phenomenal. He was good against Stoke too, just in the wrong position...