Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/173692/Newcastle-s-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-fit-in-Arfa-time/

NEWCASTLE midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa could be back in action next month.

The French international suffered a double fracture of his left leg in an X-rated tackle by Manchester City’s Nigel De Jong last October and was initially ruled out for the rest of the season.

But the 23-year-old, who joined Newcastle on a permanent basis from Marseille in a £4.5m deal earlier this month, is now just weeks away from a shock comeback.

“I saw him last week and Hatem is absolutely flying,” said his agent Simon Stainrod.

“He’s been away to Dubai for a bit of warm weather training and now he’s back in France and training really, really hard.

“There are no miracles with an injury like his and he knows it is hard work that he needs to do, but he’s as fit as a fiddle.”

wait if he's "fit as a fiddle", why is he not training with us?

Hopefully he will soon. Would prefer him here getting to at least know the area and the players, but he is popping over now and then and the club apparently keeping in contact most days.

I can see him wanting to return at about 80% fitness before walking in to training so he can dazzle our players and shows he's back.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/173692/Newcastle-s-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-fit-in-Arfa-time/

NEWCASTLE midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa could be back in action next month.

The French international suffered a double fracture of his left leg in an X-rated tackle by Manchester City’s Nigel De Jong last October and was initially ruled out for the rest of the season.

But the 23-year-old, who joined Newcastle on a permanent basis from Marseille in a £4.5m deal earlier this month, is now just weeks away from a shock comeback.

I saw him last week and Hatem is absolutely flying,” said his agent Simon Stainrod.

“He’s been away to Dubai for a bit of warm weather training and now he’s back in France and training really, really hard.

“There are no miracles with an injury like his and he knows it is hard work that he needs to do, but he’s as fit as a fiddle.”

What he's absolutely sure he was on the plane Dubai and France?

Guest VegasToon

From Twitter:

MsiDouglas

Tomorrow in t'Journal: quick Pardew (from Portugal) update on signings/latest on Ben Arfa's impressive recovery #nufc

What's the point? Let the lad be where he's most comfortable during his rehabilitation. I doubt that's our treatment room.

fair point, but I guess that's the part that confuses me. If he's "fit as a fiddle", then shouldn't he be ready to train football already or is he still doing rehab?

Sometimes if you have a broken bone they'll insert a plate which is usually removed before they play again or it could be that he's got no plates but has screws which needed to be tightened.  I think Owen had to have screws tightened during his rehab when he broke his foot.